June JW Broadcast - Jehovah's & Jesus' names Are Interchangeable!

by The Searcher 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    I get Sanderson & Jackson mixed-up. To me GB Sanderson and GB Jackson look like the Pillsbury Dough-boy. Both are chubby, white and bald!:)
  • antes8080
    antes8080

yes they all look alike fat and out of shape.

had to turn it off, he thinks he is some kind of bible scholar.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Mr. Jackson's comment is at 39 minutes in the video.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    So if it's Jackson then by extension it's Sanderson. Is that how it works?
  • johnamos
    johnamos

John 3:18 He that exercises faith in him (Jesus) is not to be judged. He that does not exercise faith has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.

(The name of the only-begotten son is: Jesus, Lat. form of the Gr. Iesous, which corresponds to the Heb. Yehoshua and means “Jehovah Is Salvation”)

Exercising faith in Jesus requires exercising faith in his name…and as shown above we see what is in his name that faith should be exercised in.

Also, Jesus said: Matt 6:9 “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.

John 5:4 I (Jesus) have come in the name of my Father,

John 10:25 Jesus answered them: “I told YOU, and yet YOU do not believe. The works that I am doing in the name of my Father, these bear witness about me.

John 14:10 Do you not believe that I am in union with the Father and the Father is in union with me? The things I say to YOU men I do not speak of my own originality; but the Father who remains in union with me is doing his works.

Hebrews 2:10 For it was fitting for the one for whose sake all things are and through whom all things are, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the Chief Agent of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both he who is sanctifying and those who are being sanctified all stem from one, and for this cause he is not ashamed to call them “brothers,” 12 as he says: I will declare your name to my brothers; in the middle of the congregation I will praise you

(Psalm 22:22) I will declare your name to my brothers; In the middle of the congregation I shall praise you.
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    I could have done a better job then Jackson on that one. With his agenda he could have said instead of "by extension Jehovah" that the name Jesus in hebrew Yehoshua means Jehovah Saves. (Yahweh Saves, but I'm talking JW lingo.
  • pixel
    pixel

So if it's Jackson then by extension it's Sanderson. Is that how it works?

They overlap.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

JOHNAMOS - You are 100% correct; Jesus did praise his Father's name & that's why he is called "the faithful witness".

Now look at what name God assigned to people, [Christians] and what name they were commanded to bear and proclaim!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/259331/we-witnesses-jehovah-according-bible

We can accept what Mr. J.F. Rutherford dreamed up, or accept what the Bible says.

• Ding
    Ding

Splash, that quote is incredible.

The Bible phrase 'blind guides" comes to mind.

• johnamos
    johnamos

Quote - Now look at what name God assigned to people, [Christians] and what name they were commanded to bear and proclaim! – end quote

[Acts 11:26 and, after he found him, he brought him to Antioch. It thus came about that for a whole year they gathered together with them in the congregation and taught quite a crowd, and it was first in Antioch that the disciples were by divine providence called Christians.]

On the headings of all their letters:

[Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses]

Christian - of, relating to, or professing Christianity or its teachings.

a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings.

Congregation - a group of people assembled for religious worship.

Reasoning book 1989 under: Jehovah’s Witnesses

[Definition: The worldwide Christian society of people who actively bear witness regarding Jehovah God and his purposes affecting mankind.]

[‘Christians are supposed to be witnesses for Jesus, not for Jehovah’

You might reply: ‘That’s an interesting point you have brought up. And you are right that we do have a responsibility to be witnesses for Jesus. That’s why Jesus’ role in God’s purpose is emphasized in our publications. (You may want to use a current book or a magazine to demonstrate this.) But here is something that may be a new thought to you. (Rev. 1:5) . . . Of whom was Jesus “the Faithful Witness”? (John 5:43; 17:6) . . . Jesus set the example that we should imitate, did he not? . . . Why is it so important to get to know both Jesus and his Father? (John 17:3)’]

[and from Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,”]

[I have come in the name of my Father, but YOU do not receive me;]

[“I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world.]

[This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.]

Quote - Now look at what name God assigned to people, [Christians] and what name they were commanded to bear and proclaim! – end quote

http://www.jw.org/en/search/?q=jesus&s=0#?insight[search_id]=9086fde8-2f3e-41d2-a715-8d03d8521216

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/s/r1/lp-e?q=jesus&p=par

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit