Pride - Man's greatest threat !

by Doltologist 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Just been into town to get a new phone.

Got accosted by the Jovies.

I got my question in first, 'cos I'm a pretty fart smeller, and asked one of them what they thought was currently Man's greatest threat.

"Pride" said the Jovie. I kid you not, folks. "Pride" is what the Jovie said.

Naturally, I asked why, being the curious sort of guy that I am.

"Well", said the Jovie, and I'm paraphrasing here, "Pride prevents Man from accepting the Lord because Man does not show the Lord the respect he deserves because Man puts his own importance above that of our Lord."

"So" says I, "I should bow before the Lord should I?"

"Yes" said the Jovie.

"Why", said I.

"So that he may forgive you your sins for we are all sinners".

I nearly shouted "Hallelujah brothers and sisters" at the top of my voice and held my hands aloft at that point but I managed to restrain myself.

Then, the Jovie reached for his book. (They do that a lot, don't they?)

"So", I said, "What does it say in that book of yours about global warming? Does it say that it's more important or less important than pride?"

Here endeth this morning's reading.

Amen (brothers and sisters).

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I would have said they the greatest problem facing mankind is IGNORNACE.....

Yes a fear of researching the TRUTH.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist
    stuckinarut2an hour ago

I would have said they the greatest problem facing mankind is IGNORNACE.....

Yes a fear of researching the TRUTH.

So, how come I don't say things this smart?

• Mr.logic
    Mr.logic
    I asked an elder once if Rutherfords speech in 1935 was inspired, he said NO. I asked if he could show me in his bible where it indicates in 1935 was the year the door to heaven was shut, he couldn't and left my home very upset. Epic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit