Hey.....

by Delite2k 5 Replies latest social relationships

• Delite2k
    Delite2k

There's a WTS Conference in San Francisco going on (i'm in Oakland) and I haven't heard from my "friend" (I know, I know, I tried to get him out of my system, but its hard) since Thurs. I called to day and finally he answered, I asked him why he hasen't called and what has he been doing and he said he had "something" to do. He dosen't know that I know where he is. When I asked him where was he then he said San Francisco. (I called him over an hour ago, about 645pm PST) The conference is 9a-5p. What goes on at these conferences that last 7 hours, Fri-Sun, for the next 2 months? and why he couldn't just say what he's doing?

Also.......

I've been doing some research on the JW (still) and i came across this:

"Interfaith Marriage
    Marriage mates with different religions are encouraged to treat each other with tolerance and respect. Children should be given the opportunity to learn about the religious views of both parents.—1 Corinthians 7:12-14."

This was found at this site:
    http://www.jw-media.org

Is this true? If it is, then why is it so wrong for a JW to fall in love with someone thats not of that religion?

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Delite2K:

Is this true? If it is, then why is it so wrong for a JW to fall in love with someone thats not of that religion?

Because JWs are not Christian, they are a cult that does not follow Christ. They follow by what a man-made organization (the WatchTower Society) says. So if the WatchTower Society orders Not to Date or Marry a nonJW (which is true in their teachings), then all JWs obey it.

Regards,

Ajax

• line6guy
    line6guy

Hmmm... What do they do at those conventions? Well, different guys talk about the Bible from a stage, they sing songs. They pray. (Or is that prey???) They bring their lunches to eat. Watch the audience, and many sleep. Still, many others spend their times running up and down the stairs to the bathrooms. (Probably so they don't fall asleep.) Truthfully, they have lots of Bible Discourses that encourage the listeners to go back home and go door to door or to live a good family life.

Why won't he tell you? Who knows? Maybe he's embarrased? I'm sure he knows that you know he's a JW?

Interesting comment about Interfaith marriage. Was that published in some magazine? I would imagine that was talking about if one in a married couple becomes a JW and the other mate is of a different religion. If a person is not married, then you are bad, bad, bad, if you date another person who is not a JW. Why? Because that non-JW might help you see the light and quite being a JW.

:-)

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Ugh!

Interfaith Marriage
    Marriage mates with different religions are encouraged to treat each other with tolerance and respect. Children should be given the opportunity to learn about the religious views of both parents.1 Corinthians 7:12-14.
    - http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/family.htm

More legal speak. Obviously, a child being raised in a JW/non-JW household will learn about the religious "views" of both parents. The question that needs to be answered is: Does the WBTS endorse the children of a religiously divided household to go to the non-JW parents' house of worship?

The WTBS are SOOOOOO clever at hiding the truth of how they really believe. There's no crime in learning about other peoples religious views...after all, the JW's learn about different people's beliefs when they study the Watchtower publications with them.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Usually what this interfaith marriage refers to is if a husband becomes a JW and his wife does not, or vice versa. But if you marry a non-JW you will be kicked out, no question.

At these conferences as mentioned before, speakers, prayer, and song, but also mass baptisms, naps, candy eating, Biblical based plays, writing notes to your friends, stalking the hot guys in suits around your age....hmm maybe some of these were just me...

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

As others have mentioned, the only allowable "interfaith" marriage is one in which neither partner was originally a JW. One or the other learns the "truth" and they then attempt to convert their partner by presumably being tolerant of the other's beliefs.

A child learns about the other parent's religious views by studying the Watchtower publications that discuss the "false" ideas of other religions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit