15 minutes of fame?

by eyeslice 2 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Has anyone here had their ‘experience’ printed in any of the publications or their photo used in an encouraging illustration (field service, answering at meetings, etc.)?

The reason I ask is that often Public Talk outlines make references to experiences, but on occasions a note is sent by the society to the effect not to include a certain experience. Presumably, this erasing from history is because the person referred to in the original outline is no longer in “good standing” or perhaps wasn’t as saintly as originally made out.

• Simon
    Simon

The only *real* experience that I ever knew about that was in the WT (or Awake!) was an Iranian brother who was in our KH at the time. It was the 'life changing' experience of surviving the Iranian Embassy seige in London which was stormed by the SAS. He was shot at etc...

I used to go round to see them quite a bit - they were a lovely family (esp. the eldest daughter ... ah, teenage love)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I've been in the media - newspapers TV radio magazines and done a video on JW sexual abuse and cults - all way better and way more honest than the WT publications

does that count - in total waaaay more than 15 minutes

A not-so-silent lamb

Aspire to inspire before you expire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit