Dinner with Salud

by ConnieLynn 1 Replies latest jw friends

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

This week my husband and I had the privilege of meeting Salud and his wife. To be honest, I was really nervous about meeting another ex-JW. I wasn't sure what to expect...what would we talk about? What would they be like? What a wonderful experience for me! They are lovely, warm people and we talked for hours. (It was actually hard to leave)! I now know how important for us to meet each other in person when we have the chance!

Hearing another person's experience face to face is so encouraging. It also makes you realize you're not the only person out there who has had a bad experience... We talked about ways to help each other, and other ex-JW's that are new. I also know I have made a couple of new friends that I will have for a long time. I think a lot of people on this board have gotten together for events like Apostafest or just dinner. For those of you that haven’t, when you’re ready, give it a try…

• Salud
    Salud

Connie,

Thank you Connie. That was very sweet of you. We also had the most wonderful time. You and your husband are great people. We also did not want to leave from the restaurant. Hope we did not keep you out too late.

I agree the need to meet others who have experienced the same situations. It show we are not alone. There is so much we can learn from each other. The WT wants us to think that once we leave there is no one else to turn too. How far from the truth. It is boards like this that helps us connect with each other. My wife and I encourage others to do the same.

Connie, see you at the Blues festival on the 4th!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit