Hello, I'm back

by truthseeker1 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

To those who remember me, I'm back. Things have been kinda crazy around here. The last time I was here I said I was going to really try to look into being a witness. I tried, and I can't convince myself its the truth. My wife has noticed that it really isnt in me. I guess all my comments have a slight sarcastic ring to it. Well, I've been lurking for a while, checking up on things here and stuff. I wanted to post during the dateline stuff, but just wasn't up to it. Well, I just wanted to say hi, so HI!

• LDH
    LDH

TRUTH!!!

Wondered why ya fell off the face of the earth. We need to have lunch. I believe I can help you with your job search.

Besides, there's some other really cool exes here.

Lisa

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

welcome back truthseeker

hope things settle down for you and you find what you are looking for!

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Well, I meet with the Elders after the meeting tomorrow. I'll be DA myself from the witnesses. Any words of wisdom to tell them. I'm leaving because I don't believe in the bible right now. I'm going to tell them that. I'm going to the meeting to tell friends and family goodbye. Its pretty hard to deal with, there are a lot of people I like there. Its going to be weird, because I run into witnesses everywhere I go. I still have my family, and old friends I can return to. But I guess lots of people go through this, some are probably far worse off than I.

Before my wife talked to her elder dad, she wanted me to sleep with someone else to end our marriage so she can have the life she wanted and deserved. He told her she can't say that because its condoning fornication, so now she takes it back. She says she can't say that stuff, but that I know how she feels. Its kinda funny, I know she wants me to leave, but she can't say it otherwise she is also guilty of splitting up a marriage.

This really sucks! I can't believe that this is breaking up our marriage. If I stay with her she will resent me every day of our marriage. I love her so much I was living a lie to be with her for 4 years. Its wierd, I love her so much now I am willing to give her the life she wants, by leaving. She doesn't want me anymore, but she is stuck with me. So I guess I know what to do...

Sucks even more because we just bought a house in January. Now we have to sell it. Well, enough complaining. Sorry, just feels better when I do. I'll keep in touch. Oh btw, I did find a new job, working for the County. Its a great job and probably the only thing enjoyable in my life right now.

• cellomould
    cellomould
    I tried, and I can't convince myself its the truth.

Hi Truthseeker,

You point out exactly what your wife wants you to do... convince yourself that it is the truth. It is not hard, however, to see the error in judgement she has trying to force you to make.

Do not allow her to continue to play the victim. She is not. You will do her a big favor in standing up for yourself and what you know is right. Challenge her belief system. You can be kind and loving and still point out her logical fallacies.

You have no reason to feel shame.

I feel for you, as this sort of sloppy union almost became life. I was engaged to be married; Monday would have been my first anniversary. As difficult as it has been, I can only imagine the alternative.

take care and best of luck

cellomould

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody will see it. Gandhi

• cellomould
    cellomould

oh, one more thing...
    ...invite all the elders to meet with you as witnesses to your meeting. Remember that their 'authority' is based on emptiness. They are the ones that are confused.

Give them substance. A healthy discussion may help them see they are responsible for thinking and not judging.

cellomould

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody will see it. Gandhi

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome back Truthseeker1-- I am so sorry about you & your wife- especially since you love her so.But if you continued on in the Borg- just to keep her- you would not be honest to yourself or her.

My advice is watch what you say the the "elders" or tape it-- they twist what is said . God Bless you in your search

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit