Can't get away from them!

by mrs rocky2 7 Replies latest jw friends

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

On my lunch break today I stopped in at a new little shop in our little town. Was hoping to find some nifty little gift for my daughter who has a birthday coming up. Mind you, I'm a fade away. Would just like the Dubs to ignore me, pretend that I don't exist. Glad I didn't say anything about the birthday because after talking to the owner discovered she is one of the new Dubs who moved into our area. Said she was good friends with my husband's sister-in-law. When she found out I was related to Witnesses she couldn't stop talking. What are the chances in a big town that you will run in the Dubs? why does it seem there are so many of them concentrated here? It is so annoying!

Mrs R

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I know what you mean! I was raised a third generation JW. My family was one of the "model" families that were used in programs all the time. My dad was always traveling to other congregations to give talks.

Because of this I was constantly recognized by people in the entire circuit where I lived. I HATED it. I couldn't go anywhere without someone knowing me. [>:(]

I did find a solution though! I moved 400 miles away! Now there are only two JWs in the entire DFW area that can recognize me... they happened to move to the area from the same place I moved from.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Isn't it a pain? I thought maybe I could get away, but no, they are everywhere and they know all my extended family. I haven't been to a meeting for about 3 years, and there are so many new ones moved in here, I figured I would be safe. Was I ever wrong! And all I want to do is to quietly fade away. It's getting harder to do all the time.

Mrs R

• saltiest
    saltiest

I don't know how many times when I was in Seattle that I would run into witnesses from my old congregation (or those around it). You couldn't go anywhere, especially Red Robin, without seeing one of them.

I was hoping it would be easier down here in California, but apparently not. They are constantly walking around my apartment complex (it's huge, so probably don't do it all in one day), and as I posted before, they're even at the damn mall. We've seen them at Carl's Jr (praying at the table next to us, peaking out of their eyes to see if we were watching), at Walmart behind me in line, and at the grocery store. It's funny how just a clip of a conversation and I KNOW they're Jahosers (my boyfriend's favorite term for them).

Turns out they have more than two congregations in this city...they have FOUR. No wonder they're everywhere! Scary thought.

Alicia

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

After I left the borh I was running into them everywhere. I was one of the sign language interpreters so everybody knew who I was. And I was an elders wife and we regularly went to other cong when he gave talks there.

Solution:
    Moved 2400 km away

Now the only two who know me are the 2 who came to my door after Dateline

A not-so-silent lamb

Aspire to inspire before you expire

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

So move to FL worked for me!!!

Ven

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

2400 Kms away? NO! After we were disfed (apostasy) my husband took a job in Hong Kong. The day after we arrived, we went out to sight see, and we were approached by dubs with the WT & A. Grrrrr!

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Ooh, Florida sounds good today...warm, sunny, no rain! A job...hmmm. Don't tempt me Ven. To go where nobody knows my name....lovely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit