Are Jehovah’s Witnesses losing the War on Apostates

by Watchtower-Free 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

Here is the typical Saturday morning scenario:

JW: Knock Knock ... presentation and mag placement

Householder to mate: What nice people, we could use some spirituality in our lives. Let me Google this...WTF!!!!

Next Sat.

JW: Knock Knock: I'm hear to follow up on our previous conversation.

Householder in a good mood: No thanks, please don't call on this house again!

Householder in a bad mood: Get the F**K of my property, I'm calling the police. (That happened to me)

This is played out over and over every day. With cheap new smart phones, and ever expanding WiFi into 3rd world nations, the Watchtower is in siege mode. Let's face it they have pretty well reached the saturation point, and the growth curve zenith is coming up fast. All the doctrinal changes, and ever more shrill (internet, apostate) cries are evidence of this. They are trying to shed the wacky cult past, and adopt a shiny new e-religion look. When this doesn't work you can expect more extreme change. I have no doubt that Blood, Shunning, and "two witness rule" has or will be on the table. What i would give for recordings of the GB board meetings!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    So true, the last time I went out in service I knocked at the door by mistake of a do not call. Once he realized I was a JW he was pissed. I was kind of dumfounded by why someone would be so pissed. Just say get lost and close the door. He even yelled at me for having a dumb smile on my face. It wasn't because of arrogance but just disbelief that he would be so pissed. Now with what I know I can totally relate to why he was so pissed off.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Watchtower-Free - "Are Jehovah’s Witnesses losing the War on Apostates?"

"First, the ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Ghandi

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Because they are short of money they are trying to get people to go on the web to read JW stuff but when people do on the web they can quite easily find out the truth.(i went round 4 carts today and they all mentioned jw.org to me
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    If the WTS is indeed losing the "War on Apostates" (I love that; shades of the Neocon agenda), it's their own goddamn fault for picking an (unneccesary) fight with them in the first place.
  • cultBgone
    cultBgone
    Lots of hardcore dubs will loyally stay away from "apostate" sites, but sites such as this will continue to encourage and support the thousands who have doubts and those who've been damaged by the borg. Thanks again to Simon and all the hardworking ones who make these wonderful life-saving sites of refuge.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    There will come a time when apostates will outnumber active Witnesses.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

After assessing the dangers, some people have concluded that it is better for them to avoid using the Internet altogether.

That's right, because some internet sites are wrong, one should avoid all internet sites. That's like saying that one shouldn't read books becuse some books have incorrect information.

That was until the organization gave up the fight and decided the internet was OK after all.

• possum
    possum
    So good to have access to intelligent, well written and researched material. So sad that I spent so many years under the illusion that that WT garbage was "food at the proper time". McDonalds maybe. Junk and no good for you! Keep it up!!
  • greenhornet
    greenhornet

Image result for meet the mormonslooks like this Add

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit