Are Jehovah’s Witnesses losing the War on Apostates

by Watchtower-Free 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement
    I can't stand this clown. He is truly terrible. What comes out of his mouth should awaken many.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Firstly - it's a good blog article from Watchtower-Free, just a shame that this site was not mentioned in the list of influential sites critical of the Witnesses, especially as the whole blog post is posted here.

Secondly, the whole section leading up to where TOMO talks about apostates is telling. He mentions not having doubts, even so called "legitimate" ones, saying that one should simply stop having them, go back to why one came into the "truth" in the first places and consider the unity of doctrine. Nothing about addressing genuine questions that doubting ones have time and time again. No concessions or quarter given.

The GB know that there are no genuine answers to so many of the questions that those waking up to TTATT have. All they can do is peddle the same old line about sweeping concerns under the carpet. I am convinced that the only reason there is not a flood of people exiting the organisation is that the social implications are too great.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

This is great. It really is.

It will be like telling a child not to touch a hot stove - they will do it just because they have been told not to.

Tony just gave great advertising for apostate sites on the internet.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Yes these they are losing how can they win in the information age it will only degrade to worse, the internet exposure will only get worse and more severe for them, they are in a self imposed fog due to constant denial and lack of ability to look at the facts. They are fighting a hopeless cause that will turn into a nightmare when reality can no longer be denied because it is crashing in all around them.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Would you buy a car if the car dealer told you to not look on the internet, because of the lies from former angry customers. If you wouldn't buy a car like that then don't expect someone to choose a religion like that
  • Splash
    Splash
    konceptual99 [TOMO said] go back to why one came into the "truth" in the first place and consider the unity of doctrine

If I did that, I'd find all the things I was taught as being 'Truth' are no longer so.

They were taught, explained, backed up with scripture and we had to preach them.

They have since been replaced, discredited and teaching them now would get me DF'd.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    one thing I think we can safe say for dam sure is : they ain't winning it.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

pistoff - "TOMO is possibly the smarmiest speaker I have heard in decades; who can stand to listen to this smug lump?"

I'm really starting to think that JWTV is the best thing to happen to both the GB and the XJW community.

They've found their true calling, and we've been proven right all along.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Go back to why I came into "the truth"?? WTF?? So I should go back to wearing Spiderman underoos and watching Super-friends, and knowing ZERO about WTBTS history while listening to WTBTS stories?

Maybe Uncle TOMO can tell me a bedtime story about Jeehoober and the burnt, bloody hotdogs???

DD

• Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit