How Much Do Circuit Overseers Make Under the Table, and is it Taxable?

by Tazemanian-devil 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Brand new, "It must be nice"

It depends on the shrewdness and the temperament of the CO and (don't forget) his wife. For example, I have a cousin who was in the circuit work with her husband. She ended up becoming an alcoholic and having a nervous breakdown. The pressure to act a certain way, dress a certain way, not being allowed to have children, having no permanent home, having very little alone time, having to be "up" and keep their schedule is very hard on those who require "down time". It broke her.

In a 10 year period 2 of the CO's wives in just our circuit came down with cancer. I believe it was stress related.The Circuit and District work is not easy for many and the humble, honest ones are the most at risk.

• Lieu
    Lieu
    2 Thessalonians 3:6-15 GWBrothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ we order you not to associate with any believer who doesn't live a disciplined life and doesn't follow the tradition you received from us. [7] You know what you must do to imitate us. We lived a disciplined life among you. [8] We didn't eat anyone's food without paying for it. Instead, we worked hard and struggled night and day in order not to be a burden to any of you. [9] It's not as though we didn't have a right to receive support. Rather, we wanted to set an example for you to follow. [10] While we were with you, we gave you the order: "Whoever doesn't want to work shouldn't be allowed to eat." [11] We hear that some of you are not living disciplined lives. You're not working, so you go around interfering in other people's lives. [12] We order and encourage such people by the Lord Jesus Christ to pay attention to their own work so they can support themselves. [13] Brothers and sisters, we can't allow ourselves to get tired of doing what is right. [14] It may be that some people will not listen to what we say in this letter. Take note of them and don't associate with them so that they will feel ashamed. [15] Yet, don't treat them like enemies, but instruct them like brothers and sisters.
  • hoser
    hoser
    I know one co who was in the workforce for 20 years and had a pension plan in place. The society made him transfer it over to them as a condition of him being a co
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

What I find troublesome about this is the fact that a CO makes decisions about the elders and others in a congregation. If some are giving more in the way of green handshakes then how could the CO be impartial in a dispute or disciplinary issue? What about when it comes to choosing people for parts on the conventions? It's too much like bribes to me.

And they look down on churches for having paid clergy, this doesn't seem any better, in fact it seems much worse.

• prologos
    prologos
    when I was groomed and offered the position of a CO in the 60s, I was told "you ill never have financial problems again". 3 gen: "The pressure to act a certain way, dress a certain way, not being allowed to have children, having no permanent home, having very little alone time, having to be "up" and keep their schedule is very hard " I could not stomach it, but others have made the most of it, sponging. I know "servants" who have not made more than a morning honest work in their lives, but think they are entitled to be "kept."at an expensive level. If the CO pulls the right heart strings he would be the recipient of real windfalls. they have their rewards. sorry characters of the last day of the last days.
  • Listener
    Listener
    The organisation has always operated this way and very little is spoken about it. Beth sarim was given and owned by Rutherford as a personal gift
  • smiddy
    smiddy

It`s a case of "needs to know " basis , the Government which is in the hands of Satan the Devil does not need to know .

It`s also a case of Theocratic Warfare in operation , the governments of this world have no jurisdiction over Jehovah people , so they have no right to know these things.

Jehovah Witnesses would make excellent politicians the way they can rationalize what they do , and condemn the opposition for doing exactly the same thing .

"Pay back Caesar`s thing to Caesar but God`s thing to God " , but only if it suits our purpose is the motto of a Jehovah Witness.

smiddy

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Over decades of life in the Borg, I have always respected CO's.

As a kid, they stayed at our family home when that was the custom in smaller areas.

I have nothing but fond memories of them (and outdated gift JW books with their autographs).

Today's CO's seem to me to be nothing but Borg ladder-climbers, as opposed to the oldtimer "servants."

The only exception to my past was one specific CO, who put out a feeling of surrealness, and of whose background I became aware of through interesting relationships.

He is a fellow Canadian, not a deliberate asshole, but a fully-deluded JW, with absolutely no contribution to improving humanity, his childhood amenable to cult absorption, a gorgeous, sensual wife named Linda (geez, I'll be a JW super-bro, too, to tap that), the sole person behind the present JW songfest revival,)

No different than any other corp., if you make it to the top, it's worth it, right ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit