jWs sling Arrows into the Ass of Priest!

by Tallyman 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Tallyman
    Tallyman

This Image appears on page 146
    of The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Inc. of NY & PA -
    Book: Revelation - Its Grand Climax At Hand ! - copyright 1988

...and then GREATLY INSULT the Feelings of the Catholics,
    by saying that their Catholic Ass IS their Heart!
    because of the location of the "target" compared to text caption...

Notice the Swastikas...

LOve, Tallyman

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

Tallyman,

Don't take this the wrong way, but are you sure that the WTB&TS is responsible for this image? The caption underneath says...

Appearing with this caption, the above cartoon is typical of many published in the 1930's that stung "those men who do not have the seal of God"
    Honestly, I'd be more than happy to see them take the blame for the kidnapping of the Lindbergh baby at this point, but I'm not completely convinced they're the ones to blame for this one.

Brian

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I didn't know that the pope's heart was in his a$$

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• sonoita
    sonoita

TO FRIENDLYFELLAL:

This cartoon is typical of those published by the WT in the
    '30s. It may have been in the Golden Age magazine. The clergy
    was always depicted as fools. J F Rutherford hated the clergy.

Sonoita

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

Sonoita,

Thanks...I stand corrected!

The fact that they fail to use some sort of index to credit photographs has always been a pet peeve of mine.

Thanks again for bringing that to my attention, sonoita. My apologies Tallyman.

Brian

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Too bad these weren't shown on Dateline!!! As they say, pictures say 1,000 words..

I think that's an understatement for WT pictures ...

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

'Appearing with this caption, the above cartoon is typical of many published in the 1930's that stung "those men who do not have the seal of God"'

The picture is "typical of many published in the 1930's". The 1930's publishing was done by the Society in their early literature. They are reproducing their own material, here.

So, yes, they are responsible for the original production and distribution of this cartoon. It is not taken from some other organization.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I recognised this immediatetely.

Now and again the WTS would re print this cartoon,which they had published in the 1930's in the Golden Age (Awake) and it always gave us a laugh...It seemed funny at the time, it is just pathetic now.

The Revelation Climax Book is discussing Rev.9 ; 4 -9.and applying to themselves the prophesy of locusts going forth to sting "Christendom".

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Notice all of the nazi symbols (swastika's) on the religious figures clothes.

"Iverson fakes left. Jordan bites on the fake. Iverson with a REMARKABLE crossover. He shoots and KNOCKS DOWN THE SHOT! Are you kiddin' me?!? What a move!"

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

Maybe I'm not the brightest bulb in the box (and never professed to be, either ) but I found that cartoon and the caption beneath it in the Revelation book a bit misleading. From the way the caption read, I just sort of assumed that it was a political cartoon from the period. Until you guys pointed it out to me I didn't put two and two together.

Brian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit