Letter to Dateline from WBTS

by staceman 5 Replies latest social current

• staceman
    staceman

This may have already been posted, but here is a link to the letter written to Dateline rejecting the offer for an on-camera interview
    and the reasons why.....

http://www.jw-media.org/releases/rgreenberg020702.pdf

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Since when has the organization ever been of the "same mind"?
    Example:
    "You can't ever talk to Df'd people"
    "A quick hello is ok, but nothing else-and only if you HAVE to"
    "You can talk to them as long as no one finds out."
    "You can talk to df'd family members."
    "No you can't."
    (all things I was told growing about df'd people)
    And you'll never get a straight answer from anyone.
    Hasn't anyone ever thought that DIALOUGE is a way to work out differences, and come to an understanding, rather than smug scriptural quotations in a brief business letter?
    Or maybe it's because they know they haven't got a leg to stand on, and they would sound as pathetic as the catholic clergy does right now on this same issue if they tried to explain themselves.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

No, you'll never get a straight answer, and that is one of the worst things. I recently wrote a looong letter with specific questions because of elders and circuit overseers had said and done things that were waaaay out of line and directly opposed to what specific articles in the Watchtower stated, and I asked for replies as to what were the correct ways of doing this and that - the "articles' ways" or the "pharisee ways" - and all I received after a looong time, was a reply that the Society did not want to comment on disagreement among brothers. So when elders step on you and kick you while you're down, it's disagreement among brothers. But shame on you if you protest, then it's no more disagreement, but rebellion and apostacy.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

(((((((( T O H ))))))))

• Panda
    Panda

ARRRGGGHHHH

This is the reason I left the WTS ;This is the reason so many others will leave .
    I get dizzy sometimes just thinking of the contortions I went through to remain in that bORGANIZATION. reg pio drove me insane... but the terrible guilt if I didn't devote my life the WTS. Actually you know, now that I think of it I believed that I was devoted to Jehovah , nothing less than complete service to him. But try to explain 1975 about a million times and pretty soon you listen to yourself and wonder what the heck you are covering up?
    OR when did Jesus second coming occur? Organ transplants..not just for cannibals anymore (THAT was really a tough one)!
    I feel so so sorry for all the jws whose minds are bending inside out to justify the pedophile paradise in the WTS. Good grief...

Glad to be Free...Panda

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Dungbeetle - was that one of your famous hugs?
    By the way, I just heard from a friend that the whole board of elders in his congregation back then in '95 when the Repressed memories and two witnesses article appeared, wrote to the Branch and "protested" against the article, asking specific questions etc., and also saying none of them would deliver that magazine from door-to-door. The branch never responded. As this friend of mine, one of the elders, said, "They had better not come and say they have not been warned!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit