Out of the Mouth of Babes

by deludednomore 4 Replies latest jw friends

• deludednomore
    deludednomore

We have not attended a meeting for several months. Besides one elder who keeps pounding on our door, we have been left pretty much alone. One JW friend still talks to us regularly. Her 3 year old boy and our 3 year old girl play together frequently. Today, my wife was watching the boy. She overheard him saying, "If you don't go to the Kingdom Hall you will be killed." He was just talking in general; not directly to our daughter.
    Can you imagine!! A 3 year old! Our friend's husband is not a Witness. I am sure comments like that make him feel good.
    Our daughter didn't say anything at first, but the boy repeated the statement. Then, our daughter said, "Well, I don't go to the Kingdom Hall and I didn't get killed."
    This really struck a nerve with my wife. She realized this was the type of attitude that gets drilled into JW kids. We both remember this type of thinking when we were young and cannot do it to our child.

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

Deludednormore,

Tell your daughter - "You go Girl".

Here's another JW kid gem. A sister told this experience (JW term, lol) in field service about her son - he was around 5 yrs. old. They were visiting Disney World and during their visit it was the year of Mickey Mouse turning 50 year old. The park had an attraction that featured a Birthday Bash for Mickey. And she proudly told us that he was telling the children as they were leaving the attraction, that they were going to die because they were singing Happy Birthday to Mickey. Thankfully we had an outspoken pioneer sister in the car. She told her that she shouldn't tell anybody else that story. She told the sister that was definitely not christian behavior. The mother responded, "I'm very proud of my son taking a stand for Jehovah".

Happy to be Free (Me)

• Moridin
    Moridin

I remember having this issue drilled into my head. I didn't want to except the "fact" that all the kids in school would be killed so I constantly preached to them...hmmm maybe that's why I never had that many friends growing up.

• Seven
    Seven

Deludednomore,

"Well, I don't go to the Kingdom Hall and I didn't get killed."

Good job, Dad and Mom! She's learned this from you. No sleepless nights for her, she'll be just fine.

We have not attended a meeting for several months.

Me too. Exciting but at the same time, strange.

Seven

A few chilling quotes: "When an opposer declares, I will not come over to your side, I say calmly, Your child belongs to us already...What are you? You will pass on. Your decendents, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing but this new community."-Adolf Hitler

I will begin with the young. Knowledge would spoil my young people.
    But they must learn self-control. I will have them master the fear of death through the most difficult trials. He must learn to do without, to endure criticism and injustice. With them I can make a new world."
    -Adolf Hitler

Edited by - sevenofnine on 27 February 2001 0:23:36

• joelbear
    joelbear

I never thought about other people being destroyed. I don't think I every really believed that. I do remember the Armageddon picture in the old orange paradise book. But I always thought I was the one that was going to be destroyed for not being good enough.

It was such an unpleasant thought, that I soon just stopped thinking it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit