Family experience 1

by ignored_one 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Hi all,

Thought I'd let you know about a chat I had with my JW mum a couple of days ago. She was baptized at the age of 9 some years ago.

I casually asked her about 1975. She said pretty much what I expected her to say, that the brothers, her included read to much into it etc. I asked whether the society had said anything about it, hinted at it even. She said no.

Now, I see a great little opening here.

She knows I'm studying the WT history because I told her that I honestly couldn't "make the truth my own" without some sort of study of it. She agreed with me on this, thank goodness, saying that it says to do that in the Bible.

I believe she is open minded about it really. I feel she would be appalled by what's going on regarding the paedophilia covering up etc. The thing is, being in the UK, she will unlikely get to see Dateline and therefore not know about it. Maybe something to bring up later. Hopefully one of the main investigating programs will do something about it. I did read on this board that there was something but due to some careless talking on this board that the WTS got wind of it and sorted it out before the program could air.

I'm going to look up the old Watchtowers before 1975 to look for obivous statements regarding 1975 or that period.

Anyone done this before and can save me having to read through that mind-numbing material?

Thanks in advance,

Ignored One. (Iggy).

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Iggy,

Go to:

http://www.freeminds.org/history/all1975.htm

There is an incredible amount of information and AlanF who wrote this is an incredible reseacher.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Numerous references not to mention public talks and assembly parts. And don't forget the society made numerous other predictions with regard to other dates long since forgotten about as indeed this will be...
    1966 October 8 Awake:
    "Does God's rest day parallel the time man has been on earth since his creation? Apparently so... In what year then, would the first 6000 years of man's existance and also the first 6000 years of God's rest day come to an end? The year 1975.
    So we can expect the immediate future to be filled with thrilling events for those who rest their faith in God and his promises. It means that within relatively few years we will witness the fulfillment of the remaining prophecies that have to do with the 'time of the end'"

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Thanks for the replies. I'll check out that site.

What I want is it to appear that I got it all from the watchtower cdrom as any hint of "apostate" stuff might put her off. Don't know if it would but I would rather not risk it.

She knew a lot about the issue, Adam's creation and Eve's creation etc. This could be an interesting discussion.

Thanks again guys. You apostates are nice people really

Shame all ex-JWs are tarred with the same brush.

Ignored One, (Iggy).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit