Shame on you - part III

by beroea 6 Replies latest jw friends

• beroea
    beroea

A few days ago – now on “Adult and Disagreements” - I post “Shame on you and NBC/Dateline”. I lot of response was done and only a few got the point and the real messaged. Well come on – was it that difficult to get and read the point? I didn’t think so and still don’t. A lot of you were just reacting like angry animal without a brain to use. Even some bitterness is a part of many ex-JW we still should be able to think as human and react another way than teach by the Borg.

Some said latter it wasn’t funny, even some realise it was “black talk” they still were angry and unable to admit they misread the post and unable to realise it wasn’t a post to get a fool of everyone.

The post was NOT a funny one. It was a SAD one. It explain the typical reaction of at long time loyal DUB. Read it one more time and if you don’t get the point - do it one more time or more until you get it for real.

Bereoa
    A voice from Europe

Later on I post on “Friends” “Shame on you and NBC/dateline” II - and many still don’t get the points. Come on - let use our brain a little

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I am one of the ones that may have "responded like an angry dog." Of course, I would have used different language. I don't know you. How would I know whether you were joking or not? What part of your post do you think let me know that it was all a pun? I read it again and I just don't know.

Also, I responded not because I was angry, but because its hard to comprehend that someone could be so incredibly ignorant as to post something like that. So a level of frustration had something to do with it.

Anyway, now I have an idea of your sense of humor and I'm watching our for you!

• beroea
    beroea

Dear Dutchie

You said:
    “How would I know whether you were joking or not?”

Read between the lines – not that difficult.

You said:
    “Anyway, now I have an idea of your sense of humor and I'm watching our for you!”

It wasn’t humour. It was a sad story about the inside of the brain of a loyal JW.

But anyway we know each other better now.

with love
    Bereoa

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

I for one would automatically question many things in your post, however, I wasn't going to make an issue out of it. Therefore, I did not assume nor did it ruffle my feathers how you wrote the post.

Everyone can/will come to different conclusions in just about anything especially when it's written cryptically.

I'm here to read people's posts and the general feelings on issues and how it has affected them personally. Now that's not difficult to understand, is it? Trying to understand 'how' intelligent the people on this forum are is not my thing.

Guest 77

• willy_think
    willy_think

beroea,
    I didn't post a reply but I got it. (I live for irony and sarcasm)
    Don't let people get to you sometimes I think we are too ready for a fight.

The Great and Powerful Oz:

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
  • waiting
    waiting

Hi Boreoa,

I got it - but then, I've been reading your fine posts for several years now.

We've got many new people around here, and this is a sensitve issue. Perhaps just easy to be misunderstood?

Take care - and don't fuss too much about this. Farkel's not understood my writing style (and humor or lack thereof) since we first met. Fault - him or me. I'm a woman....it's him.

And for the ladies in waiting....that was a j o k e.

waiting

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

[Some said latter it wasn’t funny, even some realise it was “black talk” they still were angry and unable to admit they misread the post and unable to realise it wasn’t a post to get a fool of everyone.]

Excuse me but what kind of a point are you trying to make now?
    Just because some got it and still didn't find it funny is no excuse for you to make another thread to add additional insult.
    Why can't you simply accept that not everyone here was familure with your particular humor and leave it alone?!

.........................It's the silence between the notes, that make the music.....................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit