A question about ethics...

by dustrabbit 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Okay, folks clue me in here:
    I would like to talk/write about something serious in a future post, something other than my jokesy posts. It's something I've talked in-depth with only three people: My former literature professor, my dorm counsellor back in Job Corps when I was 19, and my current romantic partner. None of them have ever been associated with JWs, so they really don't get it. (Side note: At least my ex-dorm counsellor, when he was a high school teacher back in 1950s, helped a JW kid get out of the JWs by corrupting him with a copy of "Catcher in the Rye.")
    Basically it deals with the physical abuse I suffered at the hands of my parents, my little sister's lies about sexual abuse at the hands of our father (like I said, not true), and what the elders did about it. What they did may shock you becuase they didn't take the normal course of action when you compare it to what has been happening across the country.
    Here's my question about ethics: Should I actually give the name of my former congregation and maybe the names of the elders involved? Or would this cross the line? The only reason I would like to give the name of the congregation is b/c I'm hoping that some of my former fellow "brothers and sisters" from my former congregation will see this and if they're still in, think carefully about the elders of the congregation. Basically, I consider this congregation to be very corrupt and controlled by a clique of elders who will do anything in their personal vendettas.
    the dustrabbit

To do list:
    1.Still waiting to goose the Organization.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi,

The people from your congregation will likely not see this post. If they do, then fine. They'll know which cong it is if you give YOUR name.

Other than that, I don't think it is ethical to diss someone on the net and give names when they are not here to give their side of the story.

Sirona

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit