TO Thinker's Wife and Thinker

by somebody 2 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

Can you please send me the link, or put it in here, the thread to the "Faithful and Discreet Slave", appointed by Jesus Christ, saying in a courtroom of law that they have "no personal relationship" with their followers/elders's victims?

I KNOW where to look it up, but some features of the board are not usable right now.

peace,
    somebody

"Air baths are good for preventing colds.. What you do is strip naked mornings and evenings and then bob up and down for a while."~ Golden Age Feb 10 1926 31

Group air bath,anyone?

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

I will get Thinker to look at this tonight when he gets home. We missed this thread. Sorry!!
    Hope you are well!
    TW

• thinker
    thinker

[¶10] The crux of Bryan's claim is that the church, because of an alleged special relationship with its members, has a duty to protect its members from each other, at least when the church and its agents are aware of a potential danger posed by a member. Because the church elders knew of Baker's propensity to abuse children, Bryan argues that they had an independent duty to protect him from Baker.{4} He addresses that duty through three separate counts. We address each count in turn.

--------

[¶15] Therefore, in order to determine whether the church owed Bryan a duty of care to protect him from other members of the church, we must determine whether a special relationship, reviewable by the secular courts, exists between a church and its members in this context. Bryan asserts that such a relationship does exist, and he refers to it as a "fiduciary" relationship. "One standing in a fiduciary relation with another is subject to liability to the other for harm resulting from a breach of duty imposed by the relation." Id. § 874. He bases the alleged fiduciary relationship on the "substantial trust and confidence" he placed in the church, and alleges that the church breached its fiduciary duty to him when it failed to warn him about Baker and failed to exert some type of control over Baker's actions.

http://jehovah.to/legal/general/bryanr.htm

http://jehovah.to/legal/index.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit