Death in the minds eye

by Mr.logic 20 Replies latest social humour

• Mr.logic
    Mr.logic

Lets say in another country someone died. you never knew or heard of him, or her......

.People die every day.they exist, but with no personal contact, no media, they never existed to you. so, are they dead. You cannot come to that point unless you see, or rather the minds eye registers, so what is death, or existence. i was here before i joined, yet all you see is my words, think about it.

• talesin
    talesin

If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

What if life is a dream, and our dreams are the reality?

:sunglasses:

• talesin
    talesin

I was speaking philosophically, but......... after I wrote that, got to thinking about zenophobia and isolationism.

An airliner went down a few miles from here. It was carrying about 300 people, valuable art, and cash. It was an huge news story ... HUGE ... that went on for months, and years, to be honest.

Yet, 30,000 people die in India, and we get one story.

So, looking at the OP in more practical terms, I guess we can be quite egocentric. And easily led (by our parents, religions, media, corporations, etc.)

:sunglasses:

• Mr.logic
    Mr.logic
    so, if i died beforei ever joined, lets say 7 days ago, i existed, but not to you,so was i ever here, is life a first hand account basis?
  • Mr.logic
    Mr.logic
    That is the flaw, we over think, and simplicity has no basis
  • talesin
    talesin

Well, that clarifies the OP's intent ....... refer to my first answer. Philosophy 101, begin!

• Mr.logic
    Mr.logic
    Did you major in philosophy?
  • Mr.logic
    Mr.logic
    I never asked for an answer, I major in psychology, and make a good living doing it, thanks for the research. I made a statement.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Mr logic, your threads are really odd.

What are you trying to achieve here in this community?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Yes, even if you never knew Beethoven, Einstein, Lincoln, etc, they existed.

You don't have to personally know people that once existed and are now dead. There may be evidence that they existed regardless if you knew them.

And there are also graveyards...headstones..obituaries, relatives..

And you call yourself Mr. Logic. 😉

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit