Convention anyone?

by SpiceItUp 7 Replies latest jw friends

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Maybe we should have our own convention and call Dateline?
    The stories we could tell!!

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi SpiceItUp,

Maybe you are not aware, there is a convention next week in Pinecrest, CA. ?

Borgfree

"Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training." -Anna Freud

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

gosh I'm a newbie and had no idea....thats great. If it weren't for the fact that I'm fo far away I would go. Are there ever any held near or in FL?

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hi Spice, welcome to the board

Where abouts in Florida are you? I'm near Tampa and there are a few others scattered around the state. Some of us manage to get together from time to time, let us know where you are.

Dana

• borgfree
    borgfree

SpiceItUp,

BRCI had a convention in Florida once. They may have another one there sometime.

The biggest one, that I know of, is in Pennsylvania in October. There are some around the country, but as far as I know, the one in Penn. would be the closest to you right now.

Borgfree

"Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training." -Anna Freud

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Safe-
    I'm in the Ft Myers area. Not that far from you actually. Please let me know when the next little gathering will be.

BTW since I've never been....what is a convention of XJW's like?

I always feel alone down here because I never have anybody to talk to that really understands the magnitude of my past. It would be great to know of any down here in my neck of the woods.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Spice! How cool...there are xjws closer than you think There are several in the Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte area, including my sister and brother in law, Think41self and FreePeace.

As for xjw gatherings, the only ones I've been to have been rather small but a blast all the same. It's great to meet people who understand our past without having to go into a lot of explaining. I may be heading down to Port Charlotte later this week, Thursday or Friday. If you'd like, you can email me your phone # and perhaps we can hook up. Personal information is kept strictly confidential and we don't come back here and blab about anything unless given permission. After all, we all want to be "safe"

Dana

• borgfree
    borgfree

SpiceItUp,

I have been going to two or three conventions a year since I left the WT about ten years ago. I wish I could get to them all, but I can't.

The ones I go to are Christian. There are sessions with "talks", a lot of singing, and much getting together, before, between, and after sessions. Usually there is a cafeteria where a lot of conversation happens.

I have met many ex-jws at the conventions who are in different stages of their life, after the WT. While the conventions are Christian, I have met some who are not Christian, some who are searching, etc. I have always observed, all, being welcomed and treated with brotherly love.

I really enjoy the conventions and hope there is never a time when I cannot go to at least one or two each year.

Borgfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit