Pagan Heretic?

by SpiceItUp 2 Replies latest jw friends

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

This matter has been on my mind for a while and I just know that sparks are going to fly for some.
    Its not that I dont think that the Bible has good moral/ethical values but its more on how much it is relied upon as nonfiction. Personally, I think of it as a more revered version of "Aesop's Tales" or "The Canterbury Tales". A book written by the earliest known psychiatrists (ok so this is going out on a limb but you get the gist) to teach the general population how to behave. Now the easiest way to get someone to behave is to threaten them with something they don't want or don't want to lose. In this case it would be our life or angering the "entity" that gave us life and would therefore punish us.
    Ok now for the fun fun part - my biggest issues with proving that although its a very well intentioned book I cannot put blind faith in it.
    I have a problem with how a perfect being can make a mistake...yes I am going straight to Genesis starring good ol Adam. If he was a perfect being then how could he have made even one mistake. That right there would take away all credibility of such absolute perfection that he is known for. And yes all you have to do is look up the word perfect and there it is. After this watch the WT try to sue Websters dictionary for being heretics.
    Does anybody have any rebuttal - my faith (or lack thereof) hangs in the balance.

• Incoherant
    Incoherant

I too, have pondered this.

I was told he had free will and new what God required of him because they had regular talks blah blah blah.

Still don't account for how he can make such a big mistake as that! He was perfect.

Now if all that they teach comes true, then I will spend eternity worrying about stuffing up like they did. If perfection ain't a guarantee, then what is?

• Satanus
    Satanus

A few years ago, i went through something like you are going through. Just keep the cold hard truths that you find. Dump the rest.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit