Pay Attention

by out4good3 7 Replies latest jw friends

• out4good3
    out4good3

All of the links that used to point to the different chapters in the Pay Attention book no longert work. Wish I'd made copies when I'd had the chance.

• JanH
    JanH

The Norwegian Heathen Society, a quite militant anti-religious group, has for years tried to challenge various religious groups into suing them. After the WTS reported me and Kent to the police for distributing the elder manual online (the police dropped charges with a chuckle, and the WTS didn't dare a civil suit, of course), these guys put up the whole thing on their site.

See http://www.hedning.no/hedning/arkiv/jv/index.htm

This has been up for a long time. It seems the WT lawyers recognize a trap when they see one.

- Jan
    --
    - "How do you write women so well?" - "I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability." (Jack Nicholson in "As Good as it Gets")

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Take one down... another pops up!

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Simon
    Simon

It may be useful to get copies of things like this onto KaZaa or similar. As the music industry and motion picture industry is unable to stop peer-to-peer copying then I don't think the WTS will have much luck. If enough people had it that's it ... the genie can't be put back in the bottle.

• happy man
    happy man

And what is it in this book who is so important, i have it so tell if it is anything you want to now.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The reason there is so much fuss is because this is a secret book that the elders use when dealing with the congregation.

Anyone who is not an elder should not have this book - if they are caught with it they will most likely be DFed.

• Grout
    Grout

It's amazing, but my wife ... raised a Dub and now over fifty years old ... actually did not know about the Pay Attention book.

The rank & file really don't know that elders have a secret manual. I suppose in retrospect that I know about it only because of its being used by elders in elder & min.svt. meetings when I was present.

Its mere existence is surprising to many. Its contents are revealing, too.

--
    Chip Salzenberg: Free-Floating Agent of Chaos

• greven
    greven

didn`t it say somewhere that you could be DF`d for celebrating your birthday while the WT`s usually deny this? if anyone knows where pay attention mentions this please inform me!

greven.

"Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground."
    -from "Small Gods" by Terry Pratchett-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit