Collecting coupons

by nelim 0 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nelim
    nelim

In the latest JW broadcast, the supposed accuracy of the Bible is stressed again using Isiah 40:22 and Job 26:7. Isiah is as accurate as saying that God looking down on a pizza being a correct cosmological model.

About Job ("...hang the earth upon nothing"), I was thinking of collecting coupons. Suppose you're collecting those to save money on some items. Then, when you get to the cashier, you get this response: "But Sir/Madam, these coupons are the figurative ones! They don't save you anything literally, you should have taken those [other ones], those are the literal coupons!" Now you go the customer service, then will you say the following? "Thank you! I'm so grateful you're providing me with scientifically accurate information about how to save money! Unmistakably, God's Holy Spirit is active upon this organization!"

Job 9:6: "He shakes the earth from its place and makes its pillars tremble."

I guess that last verse was the figurative one after all! :-D

Aren't we glad we can rely on the Bible with such accurate scientific predictions!?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit