Greeting A New Neighbor

by drahcir yarrum 7 Replies latest jw friends

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Here's the scenario and I need advise on how to handle this. . .

I found out this afternoon that a former JW and obvious apostate has moved in two houses down from me. While I didn't know he or his wife when I was a JW, another friend of mine advised me of their arrival in the neighborhood.

Should I:

A. Invite them over to smoke some pot and some wife swapping?
    B. Let them know that I'm also a former JW and frequent this forum?
    C. Ignore them since they are probably disfellowshipped anyway?
    D. Leave a dead cat on their porch.

I welcome your suggestions.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Go over there with a nice bottle of red and welcome to the neighbourhood. Once they get to know you, their JW past will come out eventually.

• Valis
    Valis

drac you should slow down.......first a frosty bev or nice cocktail via invite on the door or in person...be brave ya puss!!!

next invite should be for dinner/more drinks and lengthy discussion of UN and pedophelia.....

third invite a frosty bev or nice cocktail then let the swapping commence!!!!!....assuming the other wife can cook...*L*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Satanus
    Satanus

Why not give them a while to settle in? Observe them for a bit, to see what kind of people they are. Then bring in the booze and dope. The sex thing might have to wait a while:)

SS

• Mackin
    Mackin

Definitely invite them over for a meal and make friends with them. If they've only recently been DF'd they may not have many friends and may be desperately lonely.

-----------------------------------
    To the world you may be one person,
    But to one person you may be the world.

• D8TA
    D8TA

Drac,

Naw...try doing what I do when any new neighbor moves in.

Go over and introduce yourself. Then ask if they have experienced any odd occurrence that has happened in their house, just like the last four neighbors who lived prior in the house had experienced. Then talk about the local town and yearly festivities it holds, to break the conversation up. Now, go back to the original topic and spin a tale about how the house had numerous prior owners. Mix it up with the good 50’s family, the biker family, the new age mystic family etc. Now talk about sports or something for a few minutes. Now break the conversation and return to topic. Spin a tale about how one evening about a decade ago, a man and his wife had moved in to the house and one day the neighborhood noticed the man hadn’t come out of the house. Now add, that the police arrived a few days after someone had phoned a suspicious smell from the house. Don’t go in to any detail, just say the neighborhood noticed the coroner arrive and take “something” out of the house. Then tell them that 3 days later the wife had abandoned the house. Now talk about how you like to do lawn or garden work, again breaking up the conversation. Again return and spin another tale about how another owner prior to them, kept coming over to your house and asking if you’ve noticed dishes and chairs moving on their own in your house. Then tell them that person moved out 3 weeks after buying the house. Now talk about how you like to go fishing, again breaking up the “house” conversation. Return to topic, and start a tale of how neighbors would phone in complaints about the screaming coming from their house when it was up for sale at one time….tell them the neighborhood was concerned that there was derelicts living in the house, but when the police investigated there was no one in the house.

Now, look at your watch and say: “Oh man, the coven is meeting in a half hour, I gotta go. Nice meeting you. And…welcome to the neighborhood.”

D8TA v2.0

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

dt8a,

about the house you just described,........that place sounds like a blast....

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Introduce them to a neighborhood of the ex's. Invite them to JW.com, then we will all share in the party!

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit