The Governing Body is indicted.

by John Aquila 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

The governing body of the Watchtower is not as immune as they might think.

Anything can happen at any time to any organization no matter how big, how powerful, how religious or how long they been involved in wrongdoing.

FIFA, the powerful and polarizing governing body for soccer, came under prosecutorial assault from two fronts Wednesday. The U.S. investigation targets alleged wrongdoing that spans 24 years. U.S. prosecutors issued arrest warrants for 14 people, on charges ranging from money laundering to fraud and racketeering. "It spans at least two generations of soccer officials who, as alleged, have abused their positions of trust to acquire millions of dollars in bribes and kickbacks.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/27/football/fifa-corruption-charges-justice-department/index.html

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    One could only hope. I really hope this happens before other major religions are attacked/indicted. It would destroy their whole timeline of events of the last days. Hopefully many witnesses would question why the Borg was attacked before Babylon the Great and the facade would come tumbling down.
  • WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    Hopefully many witnesses would question why the Borg was attacked before Babylon the Great and the facade would come tumbling down.

NOPE! Knowing them they would call it the start of the great tribulation!

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Oh, how I wish it was the other governing body.

I believe it will come to pass sooner rather than later.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

not as immune as they might think.

They are as immune as the the the law provides ,independent of what 'they' think. Every body is governed by the law of the land and therefore inherently vulnerable to legal proceedings. However, the church, the prosecutor, the President and other bodies enjoy certain legal immunities, FIFA is not one of those bodies. Notwithstanding immunity, any body that meets the required legal conditions can be indicted or subjected to legal proceedings at any time.The enjoyment of Immunity does not depend on what one thinks, it is a legal provision.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

tim3l0rd - "Hopefully many witnesses would question why the Borg was attacked before Babylon the Great and the facade would come tumbling down."

I used to think that, too, until I read about how failed prophecy actually seems to strengthen believers' convictions.

Some might throw in the towel, but those would most likely be already on the fence, and the WTS would definitely try to retcon such a discrepancy into their End-Times script.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit