Please enlighten me on the name "Apostate&...

by Cappuccino OC 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Hi Everyone!

I agree with Erica's comment below:

"I AM NOT AN APOSTATE, I have never spoken out against God and I never will, which is what the bible says an apostate is."

We all know that the WTS is not GOD. Therefore anyone who has spoken against the WTS hasn't spoken out against God.

My aunt who has been a JW since 1978 tried to convince me that the WTS is ran by "imperfect men" who SOMETIMES make mistakes and that we should be loving & forgiving. Her train of thought made me more upset.

I guess she's forgotten how her niece, my sister was abused by her father, my stepfather and how the rules of the WTS have caused GREAT emotional problems,(just to name one) on my little sister.

My uncle who is an elder tried to tell me that it was the elders' fault who told us we couldn't go to the authorities and not the WTS. Yet he forgets that he was an elder at the time in the congregation and he didn't report it to the authorities because he believed "Jehovah would take care of it within time".

Yes the elder was following the instructions from the WTS. He told us don't bring reproach against Jehovah's name or his congregation.
    My uncle was also following the instructions from the WTS.

What is holding him now from reporting NOW that his niece a minor at the time of the raping and elder's committe was a MINOR?

We all know that if he GOES public, he would loose his elder position. He would be then classified by the WTS as an 'apostate' for revealing his niece's abuse.

In addition he asked me, "Haven't you heard of CONFIDENTIALITY? I said, yes. Then he went to explain how he as an elder is under confidentiality.

If I'm understanding all of their "excuses" then:

1. Anyone in the JW's can break the law. As long as they don't have "Two" witnesses and they deny it they will be in good Standing in the congregation.

2. If you are a child molester, all you have to do is deny it & you're of the hook.

3. As long as you agree with the WTS & the congregations' elders you'll always be in good standing.

4. YOur conscience won't bother you (that's what my uncle told me about his) for not reporting because he is under "confidentiality."

So WHAT in the world are they preaching????

LOVE one another by not reporting child abusers to the authoritie??

I do believe the WTS is reaping what they have sowed for many YEARS!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

It continues to amaze me that JWs are told to be "loving and forgiving" towards elders and Brooklyn. Yet, are they "loving and forgiving" for disfellowshipping and shunning?

Many times, I heard their admonition to "keep putting up with each other."

*** Rbi8 Ephesians 4:1-3 ***
    4 I, therefore, the prisoner in [the] Lord, entreat YOU to walk worthily of the calling with which YOU were called, 2 with complete lowliness of mind and mildness, with long-suffering, putting up with one another in love, 3 earnestly endeavoring to observe the oneness of the spirit in the uniting bond of peace.
    Are they "putting up with each other" when they trump up reasons to disfellowship and shun members who disagree?

How many times have we all heard forgiving our brothers for sinning against us "seventy seven times?" Of course, they say that is figurative and not literal, meaning to continue forgiving.

*** Rbi8 Matthew 18:21-22 ***
    21 Then Peter came up and said to him: “Lord, how many times is my brother to sin against me and am I to forgive him? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus said to him: “I say to you, not, Up to seven times, but, Up to seventy-seven times.
    Are they keeping literal track themselves? Are they just ignoring their own admonitions when they DF molestation victims for reporting their molesters to the Police?

As far as I am concerned, the true Apostate is the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

*** Rbi8 Matthew 12:34-36 ***
    34 Offspring of vipers, how can YOU speak good things, when YOU are wicked? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. 35 The good man out of his good treasure sends out good things, whereas the wicked man out of his wicked treasure sends out wicked things. 36 I tell YOU that every unprofitable saying that men speak, they will render an account concerning it on Judgment Day;
  • Lieu
    Lieu

Its an oddity.....Jesus stated that one could even speak against Him and it would be forgiven.

Luke 12:8-10
    8 “I say, then, to YOU, Everyone that confesses union with me before men, the Son of man will also confess union with him before the angels of God. 9 But he that disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God. 10 And everyone that says a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but he that blasphemes against the holy spirit will not be forgiven it."

I don't think the WBTS is better than Christ...after all, who is going to come out of the memorial tombs at the sound of a GB voice?

Apostate: person who deviates or rebells from the divine gospel by teaching heresies and false prophesies....

Matthew 24:23-28
    23 “Then if anyone says to YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned YOU. 26 Therefore, if people say to YOU, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner chambers,’ do not believe it. 27 For just as the lightning comes out of eastern parts and shines over to western parts, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 28 Wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together."

...."Look!, there is the Christ, albeit invisible, he has been ruling in the heavens since 1914!".....as JESUS said "DO NOT BELIEVE THEM."

The problem with all of this is that the WBTS forgot about Christ, as a matter of fact, I would say they like Paul better.

Its odd how things have developed....they say the Catholics are founded on Peter and they are founded on 'Abel and first century GB'....

Is anybody founded on Christ anymore?!!!

• Lieu
    Lieu

Luke 18:8

"Nevertheless, when the Son of man arrives, will he really find the faith on the earth?"

• Satanus
    Satanus
    1. Anyone in the JW's can break the law. As long as they don't have "Two" witnesses and they deny it they will be in good Standing in the congregation.

Partly right. Some sins against the wt need only one witness to convict and df: smoking and a couple of others, i don't remember. Strange that they don't apply the two witness thing across the board.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit