Realistic imagination and apostasy

by Imbue 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• Imbue
    Imbue

A realistic imagination is what has brought me to apostasy.

"I think I'm finally waking up. I'm finally getting some sense of what it takes to love someone." I heard a person make this statement at a 12-step meeting recently. This is an example of the demystification process at work.

Demystification is the process of waking up to the facts that surround us; especially the facts about people we relate to and interact with. When our mind is no longer fixated in the past, we can fix our attention on what is really before us. Really seeing and hearing others as they are is crucial if we want to love them.

Family therapist Virgina Satir used to say that when people are highly functional they have five freedoms available to them. They have the freedom to:

* See and hear what they see and hear rather then what they are supposed to see and hear

* Think what they think rather than what they are supposed to think

* Feel what they feel rather than what they are supposed to feel

* want what they want rather than what they are supposed to want

* Imagine what they imagine rather than what they are supposed to imagine

I wasn't raised a dub so I haven't confused my family issues with my WT issues. That is an advantage for me in all my healing processes. Regardless,I see how my WT relationship was severely dysfunctional. I came to realize this more and more as I healed over my own family issues. I believe it's a similar dysfunctional relationship as some families.

As I healed, It became evident how some are addicted to religion. So, I've begun to regard religious addiction the same as I do alcoholism.

I see how these five freedoms Virgina Star relates are taken by the WT but it's also part of our family relationships. I have separated my family and the WT because they are different relationships. Although both relationships are dysfunctional.

I see many individuals here reacting over matters based on family and childhood issues. And they would do well to separate these issues to the best of their ability. I believe the reason a person demystifies in regard to their WT relationship is because they come to know reality. I've begun my demystification process in regard to my dysfunctional relationship with the WT. It's a long process and it can be painful. Reality can be painful but it's worth the work and satisfaction of knowing what is real.

I'm just too real for the WT ...LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)

• Imbue
    Imbue

Btt...

Do any of you see your family or WT relationship in Virgina satir's
    Five Freedoms???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)