Indifferent OR Ignorant???

by KistByQpid 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KistByQpid
    KistByQpid

Something has always puzzled me about the JW's. One word...HISTORY. On one hand they can (and do) cite every infraction/mistake/screw up of every other denomination since the beginning of time BUT refuse to look at their own.

How is it possible to refer to others as "pagan" and NOT acknowledge their own extremly PAGAN history and doctrines. Didn't C.T. Russell practice: numerology, pyramidology, astrology and phreneology? Isn't this the "foundation" of many core beliefs, such as 1914? From what I've read, Russell's intention was to create a hybrid of paganism and Christianity...complete with occultic symbols (winged solar disk/pagan Egyptian sun god) on the original "Studies in the Scriptures." How could this be divinely inspired? I asked my new JW mom about this. I honestly believe I know more about the origins of the JWs than she does. How is this possible??? How can most protestants ex: Lutherans know more about a man living in the 1400's than the JW's know of a man who lived just one hundred years ago??? If the "Truth" is the Truth...wouldn't it be important to educate new converts of the "Truth's" founder?

Does this strike anyone else of being just a tad 1984/Orwellian or what? If their history is so obviously insignificant to them...why is everyone elses history so important?

• Will Power
    Will Power

Good Post.
    What I laugh at is when you want to discuss any of this, they get all freaky, scared and run away!
    But they love to hang around and point out all the poo-poos of other religions.
    Put others down to make themselves look big, just bully tactics and juvenille responses.

Yeah, lets let them teach our kids how to behave!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I do not think many of them know it....I asked my mother about Russell...she said "duh? What are you talking about?"

The rank and file JW does not have a clue that the orgins are questionable.

I am actually gathering info to send to her. Plmkrzy has some great info on Russell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit