Householders who have kids, afraid of JWs.

by D wiltshire 4 Replies latest jw friends

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I think that since the airing of Dateline on JW pedophiles, that many of the public will be fearful of the JW's and will absolutily tell their children to not talk or let the JWs in their homes.

I see it playing out this way in field service over and over again:
    Jdubs come to the yard of someone with kids,.. and right away the householder has all their children quickly go inside for fear they might be molested.

I think going out in field service will get harder and harder for the Dubs because of all this very very bad publicity.
    Probably many pioneers will stop pioneering because of this. And many Dubs will secretly lose respect for the WT and the elder arrangement. They may play along for a while but will gradually see they are better off not always running to the elders but instead useing plan old common sense more.

The WT has suffered a very serious blow from Dateline, one that can't be judged by the first few days after but will take it toll for many monthes and years to come.

Join the Watchtower or you will die.
    Only Jehovah's Witnesses have the TRUTH all other religions EVIL and from the Devil.
    You must beleive the Watchtower or you're going to die a painful death forever, isn't that really GOOD NEWS?
  • FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

This was the first thing that my JW mother mentioned to me when I queried her about the program. She's now fearful that it will keep some from listening to their message.

If this can draw attention to this issue and limit future growth for them then, in the words of Martha Stewart, "It's a good thing!"

Brian

• accuracy
    accuracy

Dream on, dream on! That isn't happening in my area. One reason is that despite the Dateline story, people in this area (as in many others) have many years of experience with Jehovah's Witnesses, and none of it has involved any type of child molesting.

In other words, the experience does not match the Dateline story.

• TR
    TR

Accuracy,

Maybe in your area things will be normal. However, the WTS will soon be synonymous with "pedophile".

What I would hope to be the case is that people will start using their heads and research the WTS before becoming a 'hovah. Any thinking person that actually does some real research hopefully will be informed enough not to join the cult.

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

accuracy,

So are you a pioneer?
    If not will you be pioneering any time soon?

Dream on, dream on! That isn't happening in my area.
    How do you know it isn't happening?
    One reason is that despite the Dateline story, people in this area (as in many others) have many years of experience with Jehovah's Witnesses, and none of it has involved any type of child molesting.
    Boy you must really have your hand on the pulse of your territory.
    How do you arrive at your conclusions? Why don't you go ask the people in your territory how they feel about it and report back with some concrete facts.
    In other words, the experience does not match the Dateline story.
    And what experience is that?

Join the Watchtower or you will die.
    Only Jehovah's Witnesses have the TRUTH all other religions EVIL and from the Devil.
    You must beleive the Watchtower or you're going to die a painful death forever, isn't that really GOOD NEWS?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit