Zig Ziglar's "education" just like WT...

by Tallyman 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Tallyman
    Tallyman

Hey, Did Any one catch that 2nd episode on TV's "60 Minutes" last Sunday night about the "Weirdo World of Motivational Speakers"
    and how very Kultic/Kultish they are?

It was a Doozy!

They featured the High Priest of The Big Mo' Speakers, Zig Ziglar
    hisself. This joker enunciates and stretches out his words,
    just like a Jiminy Swaggert or Jack Imp saying "Jaaaaeeeee-sssuus!"...
    just that Ziggy uses different words, what being a SECULAR
    KultLeader and all.

Oh, man, the Masses were just enthralled with him when he took the stage and started whooping it up. Many were standing up and holding
    their waving hands high and getting the "Ghost", or the Big Mo' version of it.

They had Tphoney Robbins on too, but Zig was the Main Man!

Anywho, The Zig Man, at one point in the segment, started HAWKING
    his goods, and pulled out a vinyl folder of cassette tapes
    (I swear they looked JUST LIKE the Kult's sets of Cassette Tapes!)
    and SWORE that if the person sends in the $$MONEY$$ and buys his
    Complete Set of Motivational/Suckcess/Empower Tapes and listens
    to them very studiously, then ... I swear Zig said this:
    "...it would be the equivalent of getting a college education, if not even BETTER than a College Education!"

The Damned SAME WatchtowerKultKrap about "if you read a YEAR's WORTH
    of AWAKE! magazines, it would be BETTER than getting a years worth
    of a University education!"

I thought, my, my, HOW MUCH those Kults are ALIKE!
    HOW VERY MUCH!
    One "religious" and one "secular".

I gotta give ol' Ziggy boy one thing though- he had more Kharisma
    than any Watchtower Guv Body member I know of.

Has anyone else observed the Kommon Threads that run through these KULTS?

I WUZ gonna put up a transcript of Ziggy's Words, but my VCR is busted and I couldn't tape it, and you gotta PAY for a Transcript
    if you go through the proper and legal channels and of course I would!
    * http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/60/toolbox/order_stories.asp

LOve, Tallyman

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom

A lot of companies send their sales people to these motivational seminars just so that sales will go up. When sales are up than so is gross income. Of course companies will want their sales people to be out there selling as much as possible. I know an XJW who is in sales and he really "kicks butt" out there. Salespeople on commission can earn top $$$$.

I think what the WT has done is borrow techniques from sales. That's all. When I went to college, I had to take a course called "business communications". It was part of the business cirriculum for my business degree. I had to laugh when I saw the syllabus for the class. All the speeches we were to make were the same type of stuff we did in the Theocratic Ministry School. You know, persuasive speeches, how to overcome objections, etc...

So basically, the WT is just "big business" out there mascarading as a religion. Same with the Scientologists. L. Ron Hubbard once said, "The best way to become a millionaire is to start your own religion".

Cynthia

• Tallyman
    Tallyman

Brymichmom:

A lot of companies send their sales people to these motivatonal seminars just so that sales will go up. [...]
    I know an XjW who is in sales and he really "kicks butt" out there. Salespeople on commission can earn top $$$$.

Interesting, Brymichmom, VERY Interesting.

A Fully-Vested-In-Watchtower-Kult-Propaganda eX-jehovahWitness,
    who is ALSO Highly Trained and Well Versed in the
    Big Motivational-Empower-The-Mind Kult Techniques, would make for a
    SOOPER-DOOPER SUCKCESS TROOPER!
    And practikally unstoppable.

I had to laugh when I saw the syllabus for the class. All the speeches we were to make were the same type of stuff we did in the Theocratic Ministry School. You know, persuasive speeches, how to overcome objections, etc...

Yep. Yep. I know EXACTLY what you mean.
    When I was a Watchtower Elder for 10 years, after my stint as
    Presiding Overseer, my main job was Theocratic Ministry School Overseer... so, yeah, I know the drill.

It was just FREEKIN' AMAZING seeing Zig Ziglar on "60 Minutes",
    and the way he could 'throw down' like the Watchtowerkult.
    I mean it was WAY Kult.
    WAY Kult!

So basically, the WT is just "big business" out there mascarading as a religion.
    Yup.
    And the "inverse" is just as true for the Big Mo'/Self-Esteem/MindPower-type Marketeers/Racketeers operating/proliferating nowadays.

Now, WHAT and HOW HARD could an eX-j-Dubbie KICK, who also was a Motivational Speaker AND had a Multi-Level Operation like AMWAY,
    on the side?

Ewwwww!

LOve, Tallyman

• LDH
    LDH

Zig Ziglar.

LOL.

Haven't heard that name since I got my Insurance License in New York State at the age of 18 (the state issued a waiver--yer supposed to be 21) to help out a family member.

LOL.

Zig Ziglar.

I remember thinking, this guy can't TOUCH me, I'm WAY better than him.

Of course, when you spend four years regular pioneering straight out of high school immediately following your exclusion from any normalcy or critical thinking of your belief system, you're bound to wind up as a top producing sales executive no matter what industry you're in.

No wonder I won New Agent of the month so much at 19!

LOL

Kiss my GRITS Tally for this trip down Memory Lane.

Lisa

• Tallyman
    Tallyman
    Kiss my GRITS Tally for this trip down Memory Lane.

"Flo"? "FLO?", ... is that YOU??

LOve, Mel

• sf
    sf

http://www.speaking.com/clientimages/clientimages,z/ziglarzig.jpg

< http://www.speaking.com/speakers/zigziglar.html

A talented author and speaker, Zig Ziglar has an appeal that transcends barriers of age, culture and occupation. Since 1970, he has traveled over five million miles across the world delivering powerful life improvement messages, cultivating the energy of change.

He has shared the platform with such distinguished Americans as Presidents Ford, Reagan and Bush, Generals Norman Schwarzkopf and Colin Powell, Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, Paul Harvey, Dr. Robert Schuller, plus numerous U.S. congressmen and governors. A well-known authority on complete and balanced success, Zig Ziglar has been recognized three times in the Congressional Record of the United States - for his work with youth in the drug war, and for his dedication to America and the free enterprise system.

Zig Ziglar's corporation is built upon the same philosophy he expounds to his audiences - hard work, common sense, fairness, commitment and integrity. Ziglar Training Systems offers public seminars, customized educational programs, workshops and keynote speakers - all focused on personal and professional development. Profoundly affecting the lives of people, Zig Ziglar has a client list that includes thousands of small and mid-sized businesses, Fortune 500 Companies, U.S. Government agencies, churches, schools and non-profit associations.
    In addition, Mr. Ziglar has written fifteen celebrated books on personal growth, leadership, sales, faith, family and success, including See You at the Top, Raising Positive Kids in a Negative World, Top Performance, Courtship After Marriage, Over The Top and Secrets of Closing the Sale. Nine titles have been on the best seller lists; his books and tapes have been translated into over thirty-two languages and dialects.

"I believe that persistent effort, supported by a character-based foundation, will enable you to get more of the things money will buy and all of the things money won't buy."
    - Zig Ziglar
    ------------
    8 search hits:

< http://google.yahoo.com/bin/query?p=zig+ziglar+freemasonry&hc=0&hs=0
    ------------
    < http://www.samliquidation.com/section23.htm

scrolling down:

[If you want to be a really big success all you need do is follow the instruction of the Peter Lowe Success International Programs. And Zig Ziglar fell into the Egyptian god pyramid-man trap too.

Pray that your are worthy to enter into the Kingdom of heaven and stand in the presence of the Lord.

"My children shall be destroyed because they have rejected Knowledge"

"Another world great, just for your children in a brainwashed and Mark accepting world."]
    -----------------------
    Thirteen hits:

< http://google.yahoo.com/bin/query?p=zig+ziglar+jehovah%27s+witnesses&hc=0&hs=0

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit