JW on People's Court

by Sadie5 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

Watched "The People's Court" today. There was a landlady taking a former tenent to court for breaking the lease. The tenent complained that the landlady had entered her apartment when she was not there and removed her American flag. The judge asked the landlady why and she said it was because she didn't want the whole building being portrayed as supporting the war. So the judged asked, "who do you support the terrorist?"

" No I don't want to be on either side", the landlady said. the judge went on for several minutes about how wrong it was for her to remove the flag from the tenent's apartment. And asked her if she wanted to remove the flags behind the judge in the court room.

In the end the landlady won the case,(collecting rent money) when she came out in the hallway, she was asked about the flag issue and she replied it was based on scripture.

I don't know of any other group that takes a stand like that on flags, so I think it was a JW.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    I don't know of any other group that takes a stand like that on flags, so I think it was a JW.

Thats certainly possible but if she was a JW you can be sure that she was called in for a J.C. meeting rergarding her behavior.

[email protected]http://ourworld.cs.com/Pwmkwzy/PAGE+1+home.html

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

Yes, but will the JC be for making the Witnesses look nutty or for being a thief? Oh, I forgot, the judicial committees only care about breaking "laws" that society in general no longer enforces - fornication, thinking for oneself, chronic - not, say, child rape.

• partners
    partners

Yep, I saw it...

As soon as I heard that she entered her apartment and took down the flag, I said to myself "Self? Hmnnnn... yep a Jehovah's witness..."

She then went on to mumble something about the scriptures.

• Solace
    Solace

It sounds pretty deranged but I can imagine it happening.
    Im actually surprised that the J.W. woman would even touch the flag. They seem so convinced that it is evil.
    Its a strange world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit