Can This Be True?

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 28 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

I wish you well in whatever you decide Frank.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    the kids will remember the video for about 1 day and then life will get back to normal

I know, right? Short attention spans, but think of this. That video is going to be seen over and over by kids who'll be babysat with that video and others like it. They'll identify closely with Caleb and Sophia. Maybe the WT is trying to curb infant obesity. "Don't eat fatty icecream, give us your money instead, you'll get that dopamine release reward from doing as you've been brainwashed, child!" Bunch of greedy money grabbin GB now turned into drug pushers of feel good brain chemicals!

The craziness over the movie Frozen is ample proof. Four year olds singing along with Anna! Having the time of their lives. But, they're not being asked to give up their icecream money to a Real Estate Development and Publishing Empire masking as a religion.

When their minds are the most pliable and the rate of growth is the highest in brain development. Habits and future mind-sets are formed. This Contributions & No Icecream video is nothing short of blatant, infant brainwashing.

• Alive!
    Alive!

Hi Frank,

i wrote a long post earlier on - from my iphone, I then deleted as I thought I had submitted post to wrong topic / thread - darn :-) such are the perils of iPhones and those swiping screens!

Hey, take care dear man.

The gist of my original post was to say "1000 years are as 1 day and 1 day is as 1000 years" - so true. What is time? Really?

It's a journey. Keep on your course, keep true to what "adds up" - if we have been mislead, we won't have been the first.....at some point, we have to be true to God and not to men.

The organisation of "Jehovahs Witnesses" have one particularly major error - they claim exclusivity - and really, on the basis of what?

It's going to be OK - it really is.

You will feel hurt, exhausted and at times, broken perhaps with all this unravelling of what you believed to be true.

Take your time, please. 1000 years is as one day, one day is as 1000 years.

I don't believe "in God" anymore than I believe in my heartbeat.

There is something far greater than my puny belief going on here...

It's beyond believing, it's far more than that - this universe is not dependant on poorly written magazines and silly cartoons, terrible illustrations that do not dwell on what is loveable, chaste and all things that desire good.

When you repair, keep your heart towards being the hands and feet of a servant for the universe. The man Jesus, whether one believes he came from "above" or a different dimension, or was just a man like all of us - he has captured the hearts and attention of the world since his life course began - like no other.

For a reason.

Trust. :-)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So my thinking kept on. Could it be that's why this video's release was kept for the Conventions around the world and was not first released on the JW dot org site? Could this actually be the plan? To get millions of children to put money in the boxes at the Conventions around the world? Can they really be that calculating, that cold, that evil?

...................Image result for absolutely

• DJS
    DJS

Frank,

Good luck on your sojourn. Exiting a high control group that you've been a part of for decades is difficult. It hurts like hell. And then you try to pick up the pieces, evaluate yourself and figure out what to do with all that you know, what you believe, what is true . .

We have been there. We understand. Please continue to contribute to this site.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Frank I hope you stick around to share your journey, debate with affection, disagree, grow and learn. I am fairly old (7th decade of life) and still get stuff wrong, still learning.

Rest now................... don't do anything harmful to yourself. When you try to re think everything you have ever believed in it's usually too much to get through at one time.

Thank you for your passionate take on the kids contributing at the assemblies I had not made that connection.......excellent point of view.

Gio

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

My sincere and deep appreciation to all who commented on this thread. I do not like where I am at the moment but hey one is never too old to learn and if need be change. I hope.

I made a decision this afternoon which happened to be one of the best afternoons I've had in a long time. My concern right now is for those among my generation the over 70 year olds who may be lurking here. We are the ones who remember and who in my opinion may be having a rather hard time because so little time is left for us to redirect or to truly decide what is best for ourselves and those we love.

I'm going to post something to my generation.

How I do love all those here who have shown love and kindness to those like me when we did not always agree or were a bit over the top in a religious sense.

Love and respect to all,

Frank

• Magnum
    Magnum

Frank, I can relate to your opening post. I and my wife are still in shock over how we now feel about the religion we once loved and gave our all for. I remember looking forward with great anticipation to district conventions, thinking each year we might be getting exciting new info and that each one might be the last. Wow - things really have changed!

I'm in the fifty-something group, and I remember the old days - the Franz/Knorr days - the deeper days - the exciting days - etc. But I know you remember those times better than I do. Please stay around here. I am extremely interested in the perspective, experience, and knowledge of your generation. We need you.

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

Most of us stay in our comfort zones. We are ill-equipped/fearful to do otherwise. We give up on being of benefit to others outside of our immediate friends/families, instead of teaching our families to grow up strong and to show genuine love to outsiders.

It becomes remarkable to us when we see three young men overcome a terrorist on a train in France. We call them heroes and set them up as examples for others to follow But listening to them tell it, they say it comes from their christian upbringing. Their hearts were courageous in time of need while others fled the scene and ran away. I think those taught by WT would run away. I think the problem is systemic. I see the GB shirk Christian duties to reach out to those in trouble, and by example, teach their followers to do the same...instead they teach to "wait on Jehovah" and give us your ice cream. The 3 terrorist-stoppers were a different type of Christian.

I think this is what JC looks at when judging us individually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit