A Whole New Watchtower Society (Governing Body 3.0 / Simplified Society)

by FusionTheism 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

a watcher, "The WTS has many things to offer. Take the things that strengthen YOUR spirituality and disregard the rest."

I can't for the life of me, figure out what WTS offers that strengthens anyones spirituality?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

So FT, you agree with 5 relatively pedestrian "teachings" of the GB (all of which, by the way, are not the sole, exclusive property of those august gents).

BUT YOU DISAGREE WITH 9 VERY SIGNIFICANT "TEACHINGS" OF THE GB, MORE THAN HALF OF WHICH ARE ARGUABLY ONLY TAUGHT BY JWS!

Get the clue: you're in a cult!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

FT: What good has being "an apostate" (in the sense of rabidly opposing and hating the Governing Body) done in the past 60 years to bring about any changes or downfall of the Society?

There are several problems with this question.

• First, most "apostates" are only thus because the WT/JW policies brand them as such.
    • Secondly, what makes you think we "apostates" want to change/reform/destroy the WT?

-

I for one am too busy living to try and engage in such pointless foolishness.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

FT: Very soon I will be writing a condensed version of this (in the form of questions) to the Governing Body/Society just to see what their response (if any) will be.

Get ready to become one of us evil "apostates," summarily disfellowshipped and shunned.

Better get your house in order.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Let me know when you mail that off. Be sure to include your Circuit number and congregation so that Stephen Lett can contact you asap!!

Dude, seriously, go for it. If I were you, I would tell my local BOE that I have a list of thing to send to the GB, and I would ask them to help. Once your judicial meetings are over, go ahead and CALL, don't mail, HQ.

Tell them what happened. Then ask to speak to any available GB member. Don't accept help from any GB-helpers, it's GB ONLY... Make sure to record everything.

Are you a partaker, BTW??

DD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Watchtower Society cannot be changed......The trick is to make it work for YOU.....awatcher

.............................Image result for Watchtower logo

.................................Image result for partners in crime

................Image result for jehovah's witnesses logo

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

On the contrary, there are many things they teach and do which I agree with, which are based on the holy inspired Scriptures, the Word of God.

This is your main problem. I thought it in the past, after leaving the Society. But a careful reading of the Bible will lead to the conclusion that there was no God behind the writers of its books.

However, I want to analyze some of your statements:

The Trinity Doctrine is not taught in the Bible. It was developed over 300 years after Jesus.

Yes, however, contradictory statements contained in the Bible caused a division between christians, as early as the second century. For instance, in Hebrews 1:10 the author quoted a verse of the Psalms, so as to affirm that God the Father called his son as "Oh Lord!" (Kurie).

The doctrine of eternal torment in Hell-fire is not Biblically-accurate or in harmony with God's justice.

Yes, the doctrine of eternal torment is totally unjust, but the early christians believed in this doctrine because Jesus did (read the story of the rich man and Lazarus). The Watchtower does not want you to know that Pharisees and Essenes were jewish sects who believed in a post mortem place of punishment. So, Jesus believed in it.

The Calvinistic "TULIP" doctrines of Predestination are wrong and make God out to be evil.

The Jewsih God, Yahweh, is very unjust. You are trying to eliminate in him his perversity, but you can't avoid the shameful Old Testament passages:

Now go and smite Am′alek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass (1 Samuel 15:3)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    GB 3.0

New and improved Brainwashing .......

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

FusionTheism - "Very soon I will be writing a condensed version of this (in the form of questions) to the Governing Body/Society just to see what their response (if any) will be."

Yeah, no way that could ever go wrong.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

I agree with you. With one addition, about the one hope of christians.

In revelation it says that christians are raptured to meet Jesus in the sky and after they come back to earth with Jesus for the battle of Armaghedon to fight next to Him.

So in the end, they come back to earth and there is indeed just one hope for christians! And yes, some will have privileged positions in the kingdom, but this does not mean that only 144000 are anointed / become new creations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit