Newspaper article: 'Rise of ISIS and earthquakes are WARNINGS before ARMAGEDDON destroys Earth'

by AndersonsInfo 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zeb
    zeb
    "I am well prepared to meet my maker. Whether he is prepared for the awesome task of meeting me is another matter"--Churchill.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Pat Robertson, John Hagee, Jack Van Impe... aaaaaand the WTS Governing Body.

They really have found their calling.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Do members of the Governing Body ever make themselves available to the media? Do they ever answer inquiries from members, or are they forwarded to the person's elders? Has anyone ever gotten in trouble for writing them? The reason I ask is, when people look to them as arbiters of interpreting scripture, most would want to know if they can trust them and their integrity in an attempt to authenticate their authority. How do GB members treat the rank and file of those who work at Bethel? To those who were, or are, active members, did you find them to be awe inspiring when listening to recorded speeches?

Although most people know the WTBTS proclaims we're living in the last days, many also know about the many false starts going all the way back to William Miller. So how is credibility maintained, and the confidence in the Body? I assume that when GB members would make personal appearances at conferences and such that there's a certain amount of butt kissing that goes on. If so, what keeps their credibility soaring?

---

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They really have found their calling.

Yes, their true ambition really comes from wanting this ..... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ + power

• violias
    violias
    If this is really true , then the wts has been wrong all these years about the "end" not involving literal jews. It was always "spiritual Israelites ". According to them the current nation of Israel has Nothing to do with the end--yet if what they say now is true, the nation of Israel and her enemies has EVERYTHING to do with the end..
  • opusdei1972
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In a secrete undisclosed room , which only the GB members know about, this is how and where the GB chooses their new doctrines, which they tell the flock is New light.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Bogeymen keep changing from era to era. Earlier, the articles ranted about "godless" communism and the precariousness of humankind from nuclear obliteration.

My wife and I were only reminded of that recently, while listening to a recording of Barry Mcguire's Eve of Destruction. The WTS /GB (or whatever else you want to call them) didn't exactly invent any these "bogeymen". However, they certainly played upon people's fears of such things.

For example, there were the statistics they once liked to bandy around, that equated the world's nuclear arsenal to the equivalent of so many plugs of gelignite:

- then decided that it would take one plug of "jelly" to kill one human being; and so therefore by dividing the total explosive blast of the world's nuclear arsenal by the total number of human beings, you could (and they did) determine its "overkill" factor.

Now they use the threat of terrorism to similarly try to frighten people.

Bill.

• Steve_C
    Steve_C
    Frankly, I'm a bit shocked at that cover photo. Why aren't those brothers wearing suits and ties? Spiritually weak! Why is that sister wearing jeans? Worldly harlot!
  • TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    "A spokesman for website jwfacts.com said: "One of the most misleading statements in Watchtower publications is that they accurately foretold 1914 to be the 'start' of the conclusion of this system of things.

"Rather, 1914 was predicted to be the 'End' of the system of things, the conclusion of Armageddon and the start of the Earthly paradise.""

I don't think that is correct. As far as I have seen and read, 1914 was to be the BEGINNING of Armageddon, and the start of the Earthly paradise was to be a little later, 1915-16 or so, I don't have the quote in front of me, but Russell on the wholesale collapse of governments etc. Doesn't change the fact that what they thought THEN is not what they now say that they thought then - but to be 100 % correct, I think "conclusion" should be substituted by "beginning".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit