Newspaper article: 'Rise of ISIS and earthquakes are WARNINGS before ARMAGEDDON destroys Earth'

by AndersonsInfo 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Thankfully we have the WTS and its leaders to point out that humanity has never suffered through wars , famine and pestilence, earthquakes, lawlessness and all the signs of the end times spoken about in the bible prior to 1914.

Jah's chosen publishing house has truly brought forth " The Truth " for all mankind for a witness and the WTS leaders would never deliberately say or proclaim things just to attract attention to their literature and organization !

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Heaven
    In 2009, my Dad told me the reason the Big 'A' was sooo close was the bad economy. I guess the reasons change year over year

I heard this year that is was so close because the Bachelorette had sex with one of the Bachelors on tv.

• steve2
    steve2

Bogeymen keep changing from era to era. Earlier, the articles ranted about "godless" communism and the precariousness of humankind from nuclear obliteration. Move over, communists. Make room for "godful" ISIS.

When you're heralding the nearness of the end, any fodder will do. Fear sells.

I too love the smiles on the faces of the survivors. Such is the smugness of religious "victors", whether at their own or their God's hands. Love - if that is the right word - becomes contorted through the lens of religious hopes.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

-----> @Finkelstein... "Jah's chosen publishing house" lol Good one!

LL

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Well, let's be fair now. Predicting that the end is near, and predicting that the end will come this year are two different things. The WTS didn't predict in that WT article that the end could come this year.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

"... In a similar way, God has given us his word, which describes striking global trends"

".. For over one hundred years, this magazine has been providing its readers with information about world events to help them personally verify that we are nearing the end."

"..For example, in 2014, the Science and Security Board of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists warned the UN Security Council about major threats to the existence of mankind...Many people are increasingly convinced that we have reached a pivotal point in world history..."

The striking trends I see, are the striking similarities between this narrative and the ones quoted from "Famine 1975" and how trusted its contents were at the time.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The "End" of mankind, which has been long predicted by Jehovah's Witnesses, could happen as soon as THIS YEAR - according to latest announcement from the Christian religion.

In the latest edition of Jehovah's Witnesses monthly publication Watchtower, an article – translated into 700 languages - urges people to join the religion or face certain death when God sends his forces from the heavens to "remove all world leaders," "exterminate his enemies" and "rid the world of Satan".

...............Image result for Watchtower logo

......................Image result for Chicken little the sky is falling

• steve2
    steve2

".. For over one hundred years, this magazine has been providing its readers with information about world events to help them personally verify that we are nearing the end."

"..For example, in 2014, the Science and Security Board of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists warned the UN Security Council about major threats to the existence of mankind...Many people are increasingly convinced that we have reached a pivotal point in world history..."

Actually, the Watchtower authors have conveniently shortened the amount of time they have been 'providing its readers with information about world events to help them personally verify that we are nearing the end'. The Watchtower became an incorporated "Society" in 1876 and from about that time, began 'providing its readers with information...' Of course, the fact that the Watchtower's main author, Chuck Russell, believed the world was then in its "last days" has been erased from the latest record.

Moreover, they provide an up-to-date "warning" (2014) from scientists "about major threats to the existence of mankind", and say nothing of the periodic - and almarming - quotes they have used across a time span just shy of 140 years.

But, people do not use their rational minds with this sort of analysis; they simply react with unthinking fear.

Fear sells newspapers and puts bums on seats in kingdom halls and other places of end-times gatherings.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Heaven, where is your biblical knowledge?? The Israelites went through the desert and their shoes never wore out. Don't you think Jeehoobie can block dirt particles from loyal J-dumbs??

DD

• sir82
    sir82

God will send an army of angelic creatures to exterminate his enemies

This sentence sounds just so supremely creepy.

"an army of angelic creatures"? Not "angels", but "an army of angelic creatures"?

What, precisely, is the difference between an "angel" and an "angelic creature"?

"Exterminate his enemies"?

I can hear this metallic voice...."You...are...enemy.....you....will.....be.....ex...term...in....at....ed.....

Clowns at Bethel could really use an editor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit