jw and their health

by zeb 2 Replies latest watchtower medical

• zeb
    zeb

Studies have shown that negative emotions are linked to the creation of inflammation in the body which makes them the root of many disease processes. They lower immune function and deregulate the endocrine system. Negative emotional energies can really sabotage your life! They definitely impact your 'here and now' in more ways than one.

This is from "The Emotion Code by Dr. Brad Nelson.

I have said before that jw are as a group the unhealthiest of people. When I saw this review of the book it jumped out at me! I will get the book!

As I have said before JW are as a group the unhealthiest of people! ! !

• Illuminated
    Illuminated

Zeb, I can see why many of you feel they are unhealthy. Chronic suppressed emotions and trauma (being in a mind control cult is trauma) will manifest in our body as dis-ease eventually if not dealt with. Mind/Body go hand and hand. They are not separate.

I have that book by the way. I was not too crazy about it as the message the author was relaying is universal. Yet, he was heavily marketing his book every few pages which annoyed me. Give it a shot regardless and see what you think.

I highly do recommend the following two books:

"The Body Bears the Burden: Trauma, Dissociation, and Disease" by Robert Scaer

"Scared Sick: The Role of Childhood Trauma in Adult Disease" by Meredith S. Wiley

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think many JWs "feel bad" so they can avoid meetings & FS. They're not necessarily leaning towards apostate thinking or anything negative against the Org or the GB, they're just tired of the treadmill and want to stay home and maybe get some sympathy from others.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit