Documentation on Russell's Grave

by teenyuck 23 Replies latest jw friends

• CommonBondTim
    CommonBondTim

Live about 3 miles from Russell's grave. Have visited many times. For years it was rumored to be filled with Russell's writings. However a few years back a heavy rain caused part of the pyramid to shift downward - revealing an empty pyramid. Seems appropriate. Russell's actual tomb is a few feet back from the pyramid. On the pyramid they started putting the names of the "annointed" at the time - most are faded - but a few can be made out. Many of the origianl directors of the Society are buried around Russell.

Has anyone any information on Rutherford's grave?

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Question is: where is Rutherford buried? The official line is in Staten Island, NY near the old WBBR. Many feel JFR was secretly buried at Beth-Sarim, his dying wish.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    For years it was rumored to be filled with Russell's writings. However a few years back a heavy rain caused part of the pyramid to shift downward - revealing an empty pyramid.

In a 1919 ISBA convention pamphlet this was described in full. I believe that somebody possibly stole them at some point in time, but I could be wrong.

I've heard various other things about the grave. One thing is that Russell stated that there should not be any 'colored' people buried above his grave plot. I believe the cemetery was much smaller at the time (there is a ton of graves above him today).

• friday77
    friday77

All I know that it's Creepy with a capital "C". I also noticed that in the pub. "JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES--Proclaimers of God's Kingdom", within one of the chapters explaining the death of C.T. Russell, the Society only printed the photo of his tombstone and not that Creepy pyramid artifact. What were they thinking way back then? JW's are controversial enough! (P.S.: my crazy person-of-interest cousin has this idea of that thing being removed and thrown on Liberty Island--nuts, huh?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit