Documentation on Russell's Grave

by teenyuck 23 Replies latest jw friends

• spaz
    spaz

The spoken word conveys meaning other than how it's written. Russell said he was a Freemason; and he said he wasn't a Freemason. For a man who supposedly wasn't a mason he knew an awful lot about their secret rituals and handshakes, somthing that non-masons are not supposed to know. I believe it's in the book Occult Theocracy by Lady Queensborough in 1933 where mention is made of Russell's mason connection. Another researcher claims Russell's name appears on file as a Knight's Templar in the mother lodge in Ireland. Maybe this semantic difference would allow Russell to claim that he wasn't an ordinary (blue) mason seeing that he believed himself to have a special calling from God since infancy. His elitist view of himself would easily qualify him as a KT. Apparently, the pyramid near his grave was built by WTS corporate affiliates as a reminder of Russell's links to the occult world of inner freemasonry.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Oh for crying out loud spaz your just being a little too nit pickie. Havent you ever heard of METAPHORES. I hope I spelled that right.

He also reffered to ALL JW's as Free Masons and he reffered to Jesus as a Free Mason.
    He reffered to EVERYONE who strived to BUILD a relationship with thier Heavenly Father a Free Mason. NOT IN THE LITERAL SENSE!!!! IT IS A METAPHORE HE USED AS A RESPECTFUL WAY OF SAYING THANK YOU TO THE FREE MASONS FOR ALLOWING US TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR KIND GENEROSITY>

IT COULDN"T BE ANY CLEARER WITHOUT SHOUTING!!!!!
    Now go in peace

[email protected]http://ourworld.cs.com/Pwmkwzy/PAGE+1+home.html

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Tina,
    There are a bunch of articles on Russell at:

http://watchtowerobserver.org

On the left side under History, just click on Russell.

• RR
    RR

Okay, here's a picture of me back in 1999, doing some research on the Bible Students, I went to visit the cemetary [my first and only visit, although I'm in the neigborhood every year to attend a convention]

The people on my left [your right] I met there. They're Jehovah's Witnesses from Chicago. So there you have it, Bible Students and Jehovah's Witnesses gathering around the monument. The couple were actually tracing the names on the open book with a pencil and paper. There are some names on the books.

• spaz
    spaz

Hi Plumcrazy,
    What's your rules of grammar to extricate metaphors from statements of fact or at worst, cryptic comment?
    # Russell," Do our Masonic friends understand...the Temple and being Knights Templar?" (Where was Knights Templar introduced?)
    # "We (not JWs) are also Masons"
    # "I am a free and accepterd Mason...our Masonic brethren like to tell us that they're free and accepted Masons"{which here is metaphor and which is literal?)
    # "But not just after the style of our Masonic brethren"
    # "I am not going to say a word against Free Masons"{to do so would've resulted in his assassination)
    # "Some of my dear friends are Masons"
    # "How do you{Russell} know about our highest {secret} logic"
    # Note capital 'M' in the word mason
    Q. Who was Russell talking about, "One who had been a Mason for a long time recently bought a thousand books...about the Great Pyramid" if it wasn't he himself?

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

I just visited Russell's grave today. BTW Russell's name is engraved on the pyramid also.

When you look at the pics of Russell's actual tombstone notice the medallion with his picture. That picture medallion is no longer there. I don't know maybe time took its toll on the tombstone, but actually it looked to me like someone smashed the picture with a heavy object. Either way, its gone.

• Ed
    Ed

Hey, look! That circular design on Russell's pyramid matches the eye on the "Illuminati" symbol!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

If you use the SEARCH facility you'll find numerous threads discussing this very subject.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I have shown this grave to many JW's, they can't believe Russell is buried next to a pyramid. I have also been accused of making this entire thing up about him being buried next to a pyramid. So go figure...

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The Jehovah's Witnesses: Proclaimers of God's Kingdom book on page 201 in discussing "Practices That Have Been Abandoned" admits:

"For some 35 years, Pastor Russell thought that the Great Pyramid of Gizeh was God's stone witness, corroborating Biblical time periods. (Isa. 19:19) But Jehovah's Witnesses have abandoned the idea that an Egyptian pyramid has anything to do with true worship (See "Watchtower" issues of November 15 and December 1, 1928)"

Oh, yes, they have abandoned the measurements of the pyramid because nothing Russell predicted for that year came about except supposedly the end of the Gentile times. So they kept the date 1914 to make a big issue about the generation born then, but even that had to be "adjusted" in more recent times as fewer and fewer people remained from that time period.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit