Another view on JW apologists

by ashitaka 7 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Now, what will follow is a post from a 15 YO kid on silentlambs. You know, I rememeber feeling much like him. I think witties are getting the impression that we think they they as people are pedos......they don't realize the corruption that we're fighting is their leadership, and their outdated prejudices.

"Not much more can be said that hasn't been said already...I'm just wondering, why are you, (or anyone else who is) so hateful toward Jehovah's Witnesses...I beleive that you are entitled to your own oppinion, and you are free to think what you want to think. But please...At least get your facts strait before you condemn JW's...I'm a 15 year old JW and I would like to say, while growing up, my mom always let me "be myself". Of course she disciplined me when I did something wrong...But she never tried to control how I acted. I was always a free spirit ^_^ and one of the happiest kids you could ever find...And about us not being able to associate with non-JW's is very untrue....I have MANY non-JW friends...My two best friends are non-JW, and I love them, and think of them as family.......**sigh** I feel very bad about all the hatred thats going around...for all religions....It seems that nobody likes anybody now-adays(not speaking literally of course)But were supposed to love each other, like brothers and sisters.......And just because I just wanna say this...We DO NOT! repeat, DO NOT! encourage keeping ANY immoral or otherwise un-lawful conduct secret!!! OF COURSE CALL THE COPS!!! PUT THOSE PERVS BEHIND BARS!!! THEY DESERVE TO BE PUNISHED!!! It realy does make me sick...And I feel deeply sorry for all the suffering the victims have gone through...But don't hate all JWs just because you happened to be attacked by a certain few idiots. Idiots like that are in every religion, not just ours...And please remember, that most of us are NOT like that. And we do NOT approve of what happened to the victims. I am very sorry for what they went through...And hope they can somehow feel better.

-Dave

• Room 215
    Room 215

Ashi,

I think most of us will acknowledge that the main problem with JWs is the leadership not the rank and file.

Though their policies have either alienated or expelled many sensitive, caring, intelligent people, there remains a residue of fine, even admirable dubs. These just can't seem to accept the abundant evidence that the Ivory Tower leaders are more concerned with the retention of their power than with the well-being of the flock.
    Brooklyn refuses to entrust them to their own consiciences, treats them with patronizing condescention, cynicsm and buys them off with empty promises. Slavery is slavery, even if the slave enters into it voluntarily.

By the look of it, this 15 year old and his mom are sincere, decent folk, struggling to find a `comfort zone'' in an increasingly autocratic, fascist environment. These days, it's the elders we once respected as ``balanced'' that are marginalized in favor of the the automaton goons who bow and scrape to Brooklyn's eery pronouncement.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sounds like a well balanced kid w a liberal mother. That's cool.

Idiots like that are in every religion, not just ours...And please remember, that most of us are NOT like that.

Gee, that's different than the spiritual paradise the wt goes on about. Theoretically, the jw org is supposed to be better than all other religions, not just the same ratio of idiots. It's supposed to be a clean extension of jehovah's heavenly org, filled w his holy spirit and fruitages, while all other religions are filthy, digusting, demon infested.

SS

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

I'm just wondering, why are you, (or anyone else who is) so hateful toward Jehovah's Witnesses...I believe that you are entitled to your own opinion, and you are free to think what you want to think. But please...At least get your facts strait before you condemn JW's...

Dave,

Why do you think that many have such a strong opinion of JW’s? Is it just this one problem with pedophiles that makes them feel this way? Could it be that there are many different reasons involved other than this one issue?

People are dying because of the Watchtowers false doctrines such as the one on blood.

People like yourself are going door to door offering literature that is NOT the truth, looking for victims to enslave not disciples to train in the ways of Jesus.

People are being punished for doing the right thing by exposing such wrongs in the Watchtower organization.

Families are being torn apart because of the Watchtowers evil policies, and Laws, designed to protect themselves and the power they hold over you.

And it is not just the leaders that are guilty of such sins. It is also the rank and file that obey them.

You may think your nice, a good person in fact, but if you shun others, if you teach the lies that the Watchtower teaches you, if you do nothing to correct the wrongs that you see, then you are just as guilty as they are. True Disciples of Jesus Christ would not do this. They would expose such sins and break free just as our Lord said to the Jews still enslaved by the Law in their day:

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Your governing body consists of a bunch of liars and evil men. Your literature is a disgrace to the faith. Nearly everything you teach others is nothing but false doctrines, not truth. Really then, what kind or who’s disciples are you really?

What you are calling hateful people are nothing more than poor souls trying to help you see such truth by getting your attention so that they can explain these things to you.

Joseph

• moman
    moman

Room, the "main problem with the JW's" is its a SCAM, pure & simple!

• DB
    DB

This 15 yr old says his two best friends are non-jw? Well, that is defintely discouraged constantly by the jws, including a part on association in last week's TMSchool.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Moman, Ashi,Joseph, et al.

I think this young dub articulates what I sense is becoming a groundswell of yearning in JWland for a liberalizing, wherein the basic docrines (soul sleep, paradise earth, etc. etc.) are retained while this ``us-alone- against-the-world'' antagonism, the ``join us or die'' rehetoric, mindless legalism and autocratic top-down iron-fisted rule are scuttled.
    I think can also be argued that all organized religions are scams, or palliatives dreamt up to rationalize the inevitability of death and to ameliorate the dread thereof; it's matter of degree.

• SUSCARRA
    SUSCARRA

Dave,

You seem to be a very nice JW and sincere. I appreciate that.

You are a 15 year old JW, who:(1) Has a free spirit (your Mom allows that) (2) you associate with non-jws and your 2 best friends are non-jws (3) you use the internet to associate with DF, DA, disgruntled ones, APOSTATES, etc.

Dave you may not realizd this, but you have been committing DFing acts. Just copy your post and give it to your elders and maybe you'll get the full 'theocratic picture'. Also, your Mom may have to attend a few meetings with the elders, because she allows you to do do things that the WTS says NOT TO DO.

Yes, a lot of terrible things happen in all religions, but, when you profess to be 'the only TRUE religion', well enough said.

Dave, have you tried viewing other sights, such as, SILENTLAMBS, FREEMINDS, RESEARCH ON THE WT, ECT. Just go to the bottom of the page where it says VISIT and you might find a lot of valuable info.

Thanks for joining us.

SUSCARRA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit