Be gentle with me (part2)

by bay64me 9 Replies latest jw friends

• bay64me
    bay64me

Been inactive for about a year now, have quite a lot of anger that needs attention! Wondering if it would be a good idea to write down my grievances and put in a letter of disassociation, or simply fade and deal with my anger another way?!

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

This is a good place to talk things out. I wouldn't say much or do anything major like disassociating until you have weighed out these things.

Your feelings and beliefs change often when you realize you have been told a lie. Wait until you have moved beyond this "interesting" time in your life.

Path

(welcome btw )

• dmouse
    dmouse

Boy, that anger eh!? I remember it well, when you first realise how much they've screwed with your life and mind.

Personally I have never seen the need for DA'ing myself, I feel that it gives the JWs a (too) convenient pigeonhole to put me in. Others find it gives them a sense of closure though.

I agree with Path, take your time, talk to folks, and make an informed decision when you're ready.

• Francois
    Francois

Welcome, welcome, welcome. You've come to the right place. And, as usual with newbies, you bring your baggage of emotional strife. Anger is very typical. But you've already gotten the right advice. Do nothing until you've recieved help in getting a handle on your anger. That is, until you've fully defined it, where it comes from, what it's about, and have decided what's an appropriate response to your anger once you've gotten your anger all weighed, measured, mapped out, and fully understood. There's usually a lot of non-specific, free floating anger in people and it's much better to know it fully before you react.

My two cents worth.

Francois

• Bang
    Bang

Welcome bay64,
    I feel strange welcoming someone as I feel like a guest myself. I haven't been a JW, but I know about the anger. My family were nastily dumped on (still are daily) by what turned out to be conspicuously arrogant people - you guessed it, the dubs - I had previously thought they were just an odd type of Christians.

Even so, I wouldn't have known about the forest if I only stayed in the tree that they attacked.

Bang

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

This is my opinion. Just remain inactive. Even if you feel like you could never be a JW again at least those who are only inactive aren't shunned. If you carry the title "inactive" as opposed to "disfellowshipped" or "dissassociated" you can keep your family and friends and won't have to deal with the hurt that so many of us have.

StinkyP

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer"

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi bay,

i suggest you write a few posts about your experiences, you will get alot of support and also some feed back.
    plus it will help others to see what people really go through in the organization.

don't D.A. yourself...... like someone already said, don't help them take your family away from you.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hi Bay..WELCOME!

Are you totally new to this board or have you been crusing here for a while 'under the radar' like I did for a few months before I posted? In any case, pull up a chair and stay awhile....there's a lot of interesting, nice, intelligent, weird and wonderful people here with some times different and challenging opinions. When you get comfortable, we'd like to hear your story.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hmmmm, so this has become Baywatch! Never understood the complex plot in that program...

Hey welcome to the watering hole or whatever!

carmel

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

You can do just like the rest of us, and vent your anger here. Heck, it works for Fred Hall!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit