Build the Ark

by enigma1863 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

Ken Ham is trying to build an ark amusement park in Kentucky. I actually want him to build a real ark, or at least have a self contained floating zoo because this one act can show how ridiculous this story in the bible truly is.

Lets make this simple. 1000 pairs of animals on one boat including provisions. Eight people take care of the animals for one year. I challenge any christian to do this. I guaranty they or the animals will not survive.

https://arkencounter.com/

• Simon
    Simon
    I think instead of animals (which would be cruel) they should fill it with other creationists to take their place.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I think the roaches and ants would have survived.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

A young keen Bro had a "Bible" study with my youngest kid when he was about 13, now, if I say so myself, my youngest is one smart cookie, and was at 13.

After my youngest had questioned all sorts of aspects of the Flood Myth, the young Bro scuttled off with the comment that all he could think of was it was a "series of miracles by Jehovah" that made it all work.

As my son said after he had gone, "if that's the case, then what was the point of it all?"

From then on I took the Flood Myth as pure allegory.

My youngest decided shortly after that the JW religion was not for him.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'll say this for Ken Ham; he really seems to want to put his money where his mouth is.

Or is he hoping for outside investors?

I have to say, an open challenge to literally duplicate the Deluge narrative is brilliant. I wish I'd thought of it.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863
    I was recently thinking about the storage of supplies on such a cramped boat. How would you handle the lighting alone? there are no windows. everything would have to be lit by torch, lamp, or candle. How many candles alone would you need to store for 360 days?
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I started thread about how much food it would take just to feed 4 elephants and two mammoths it was crazy high.
  • prologos
    prologos

build the ark with the tools available in 2700 bc? hand tools ? no glues, only dry joints, dove-tailing, tenon and mortice joints? Wooden pegs, dowel? tongue and groove hand-planed? ship-lag caulking?

This requires serious muscles.

If this is a picture of the survival chances at the big A,?? look at the ( mental) biceps of the GB members.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863
    Are there any religious groups that avoid the food storage issue by claiming everyone fell asleep for a year. I remember back when I was a JW I thought they were only on the ark for forty days.
  • enigma1863
    enigma1863

Sadly the park was built and apparently rakes in millions every year.

I thought about researching slave trade ships to compare how they would fit all the animals the ark myth. I dont think i have the stomach for it but im wondering if it could change peoples minds.

I am impressed how long submarines can stay self contained. A nuclear submarine with a crew of 130 people have enough water and air to stay underwater indefinitely. The only problem is they can only store enough food for 90 days. If our modern day ships cannot feed enough people for more than three months how could a primitive ark feed thousands of animals for a full year?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit