After Mar 15 WT, who NOW is represented by the Wise Virgins??

by hamsterbait 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

It used to be that the Master "arrived in 1918" and the virgins put their lamps in order. According to the noolite, the arrival is yet future. However, the Gibbering Buddies now insist that the annointed have not fallen asleep, but stayed awake up until now. (condradicting Christs words) Since they now claim that they do NOT fall asleep, WHO exactly are the wise virgins who fall asleep?? (I don't want to start yet another debate over the abandonment of 1914)

As they change more and more details, the entire theological structure built up by MAD FREDDIE is disintegrating. Soon witlesses will be told what to believe, without proof at all under threat of death from jehoobie.

but but but but - isn't that what they are already doing?

It is going to get worse and more intense, as the sheeples chafe under their attempted domination?

Soooo - who are the Wise Virgins now??

More to the point, since christ definitely says they ALL fell asleep, when will the annointed fall asleep? Is this the end of prophetic interpretations of the parables - so why continue with the now utterly discredited interpretation of the Faithful Slave Parable in Matthew?

• Mum
    Mum

I say the Wise Virgins, as well as Foolish Virgins and all non-virgins are those who have "entered into the joy" of having no master. I know I like it!

• piztjw
    piztjw

Evidently it will be the GB. And of course we reasonably come to the conclusion that there really are no foolish virgins. the same "reasoning" was used in their so-called clarification of the F&DS and evil slave.

• SingleCell
    SingleCell

Yeah, what a crock. Oye.

They will be caught in their own folly certainly.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

prophetic interpretations of the parables

There is the root of the problem: not recognizing the different literary genres and styles used in biblical works, trying to turn them all into literal prophecies when the majority were written neither literally nor prophetically. Even the prophetic books (Isaiah, Jeremia, Ezekiel, etc.) often used more poetic styles familar to people of those days, helping them to be easily remembered (a necessity when written books were few and literally hand-written). Those linguistic nuances do not translate easily into modern language and experience, especially not the word-by-word translations favored in the Watchtower's NWT. The modern styles of writing we are familiar with were seldom used twenty centuries ago.

• 88JM
    88JM

What a mess. But as I recall from those series of articles, didn't it do away with the idea of an "unbroken line of anointed" through history? Where do they say the anointed didn't fall asleep (yet)?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Quit trying to make sense of nonsense.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

But as I recall from those series of articles, didn't it do away with the idea of an "unbroken line of anointed" through history?

As Ray Franz mentioned in CoC, Barbara Anderson was tasked by WT to establish this very thing (As usual, WT made the claim first, promoted the idea for years, then decided to prove it with evidence),

Barbara tried but couldn't substantiate this WT claim. Eventually they abandoned the project. Of course, WT never corrected the error, so the idea still stands.

• Greener
    Greener

What a mess this is for the Jehoober GBers.

They aren't separating the sheep and goats with the preaching work anymore, Jesus didn't arrive or come into the spiritual temple in 1918, there isn't an Evil slave now, and there aren't any Foolish or Wise virgins or the harvesting of the wheat and the weeds yet. And the GB is becoming "more discreet"??

Their basic teachings are disintegrating. Many of us still remember studying the big yellow book, Gods Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached.

They used to equate the Foolish virgins with the Evil slave "class" as those of the Bible Stdents who didn't go along with Rutherfords reinvention of the society, held onto worldly false doctrine, and refused to go out and preach door to door.

So they've thrown Russell Rutherford and Fred Franz under the bus now. Nuts.

• 88JM
    88JM
    ...so the idea still stands

Are you sure?

I thought it used to be because they claimed there was a first-century "faithful and discreet slave" and from there they claimed an unbroken line of anointed for God to make sure there was always some kind of "faithful and discreet slave" on the earth, which gave C.T. Russell and his pals some legitimacy.

But with that March series of articles, even Russell got thrown under the bus - he wasn't part of the "faithful and discreet slave" - and there now was no slave before 1919, when they now say the slave was appointed. Therefore, they no longer do (or they no longer need to) claim an unbroken line of anointed?

Maybe they didn't explicitly do away with the idea in the articles (which they never do with anything - it just gets "overwritten" by "noo lite") but they have done away with the need for the idea of being an unbroken line? Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Why the hell am I trying to make sense of this garbage...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit