Damned if they do, Damned if they don't

by FusionTheism 88 Replies latest jw friends

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

I see an attitude among some people here which is not very helpful. I can understand it, but still, it's not constructive or helpful.

If you condemn the Society for NOT changing, but then you also condemn them when they DO change in a positive way, what incentive or motive does that provide for the people at the Society to ever want to change for the better?

Also, what does that attitude look like to current Witnesses who are having doubts?

It probably looks to them like the Society has been correct in the way they describe apostates as bitter complainers who are never happy with anything the Society does.

For example:

* "The Society finds crazy Types and Antitypes in everything, where it doesn't exist. Way too many deep layers of nonsense being taught."

* (After the New Light): "The Society is way too simplistic and dumbed down. What happened to the deep study?"

And when they recently have admitted to errors and say they've been wrong in big ways in the past, some accuse them of having some secret conspiracy theory motive behind it.

To the people with this attitude: What exactly is it that you WANT the Society to do?

Just my two cents and an observation.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If you condemn the Society for NOT changing, but then you also condemn them when they DO change in a positive way..... FusionTheism

Thats one Big Pile of Bullshit your Trying to Peddle..

The WBT$ has`nt done anything positive to change..

In fact they`re getting worse..

Now the WatchTower Wants Children`s Ice Cream Money..

Image result for Watchtower logo

.....................Image result for Taking candy from a Baby

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

For a start what have they changed for the better?

Secondly, I personally don't give a crap what my attitude looks like to current JWs. They will just have to deal with the fact that in a non-jw world people are allowed to have different opinions.

Thirdly, the society is the hungry beast that is never ever satisfied no matter how much time, money and lives are sacrificed to it- not apostates.

oh and btw, apostates are just damned forever -according to the GB.

• JWINQUESTION
    JWINQUESTION
    Thanks for your post. Marked for reading later. Will respond later. Have a good day.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

FT: you also condemn them when they DO change in a positive way

Just exactly what "positive" changes have they made recently? Please be specific, emphasizing how each and every said change is in fact "positive."

FT: they recently have admitted to errors and say they've been wrong in big ways in the past

Could you please provide quotes and references in where "the Society" has "admitted to errors" and that "they've been wrong in big ways." I would appreciate seeing those exact words, or even anything remotely close to that, in print in a WTBTS publication as I am unaware of "the Society" or any of their high-level representatives (ie: the Governing Body members) ever making such an honest admission.

Thank you in advance.

Oubliette

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

And when they recently have admitted to errors and say they've been wrong in big ways in the past, some accuse them of having some secret conspiracy theory motive behind it.

In my case, I don't accuse them of some big conspiracy, but it has turned me off big time that they have NEVER EVER apologized for their mistakes. Even recently they could have humbly apologized for throwing types/anti-types teachings down people's throats that nobody understood. They could have apologized for "digging too deep" and confusing people. Admitting to error and apologizing for a costly error are two very different animals.

When I made mistakes in my life time, I've had to get on my knees, with genuine tears rolling down my eyes I begged for forgiveness from elders. I've had to tell men things that were really none of their business, but I wanted to show my humility and genuine sorrow, regret for what I had done. I had to apologize to others involved for hurting them or stumbling them. I did it because the faithful slave in their publications told me that that is the only way to show repentance and make wrong the right.

When have your "faithful" and "discreet" slave ever done that when they were guilty of stumbling their sheep or exposed for teaching mis-truths, or exposed for deceptively misquoting others to force their points across to others?

The level of hypocrisy has been and continues to be unabatedly appalling.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

There are A LOT of hurt, deeply wounded and rightfully bitter people on this site thank you to their religion shamelessly letting them down. These were once hopeful followers. Tons of good people on here with many heartbreaking stories.

Do not judge until you walk in someone else's shoes.

• SimonSays
  • recovering
    recovering
    They have made no positive changes!!!! They have only changed their dogma when there previous claims have been proven false. Do they say we are in error forgive us ? No they do not. They instead try to put the blame on the rank and file and accuses them of 'running ahead' of God.
  • DJS
    DJS

I'm with Outlaw, what a steaming pile of BS you are serving up. Deep study doesn't have to mean type/anti-type, nor should it. There are and were many areas of study that the Dark Lords could have pursued, but after the Ray Franz implosion that ended. They dumbed it down because they don't want the rank and file exploring any biblical topic at a collegiate level. Because if they did they would find out the truth about the truth. They didn't dumb it down because the rank and file wasn't smart enough to follow along. They dumbed it down to save their own sorry asses Dear god (this is where I used to call the OPer a dumbass - but Simon says I can't use that term any longer)>

Which brings me up to your second ridiculous steaming pile premise, that they admit anything or change for any good or decent reason. They only change because it is forced on them, whether through society/courts/laws or through the culmination of so much theocratic refuse and garbage that it begins stinking so badly they can't hide behind it any longer and try as they may (by burning books, editing publications or re-writing their history) they cannot run from the stench.

You've been on this site a very short time and started 22 OPs. Your arrogance is exceeded only by your lack of cognitive and analytical ability. You've come on to preach, not learn. Stay silent for a while; you might learn something. Based on this pathetic OP, you aren't teaching anyone anything. Or better, go take a few college courses, maybe even some religious classes taught by a very good prof with a PhD in divinity. Then you might learn something that is of value to teach us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit