Jesus' Ransom

by ivanatahan 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ivanatahan
    ivanatahan

I never really understood this. At least, after I started thinking about it recently.

If Jesus died for our sins, wouldn't everyone be saved? What's the point of saying that his death gave all humans the chance to die if, appearantly, only 8 million people out of 7 BILLION will live?

I could see that his death would mean non-Jews could be saved, but that didn't seem to go in effect until Peter preached to the non-Jew Cornelius.

This, in turn, leads me to question: WHO will actually be saved and what should people do? The Bible seems to give contradictory/different ways to be saved. At one point it says you should confess your sins to God. At another it says to call on The Lord's name. The Bible also gives other ways to be saved. One could say you'd have to do all of those things, but since they're not mentioned in a single sermon, then that would make it hard for pre-Gospel followers to keep track of the requirements.

I still find it sad that many people in the Jecultah's Blindness religion haven't been awakened simply by reading the Bible and actually, JW propoganda-free, independently reflecting on what it says and teaches.

What are your thoughts?

• prologos
    prologos

The problem goes deeper than that. Why would we need a 'ransom'? because of the talking snake?.The twirling swords?

• ivanatahan
    ivanatahan

The problem goes deeper than that. Why would we need a 'ransom'? because of the talking snake?.The twirling swords?

-Prologos

It goes even deeper. Why did God even create "Satan" if he could see into the future and see that he "rebelled"?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

What would Jesus not do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOfjkl-3SNE

This is an amazing video. The son of god comes to earth and has the opportunity to do so much good.

• prologos
    prologos

Ivan: if there are snakes now that we can see, but that do not talk, what makes you think that there was a so-called ephemeral "satan" that can not be seen?

It is stories all the way.

random ransom stories.

• NAVYTOWN
  • NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

OOPS!!! SORRY!!! The reason the whole 'ransom' idea is so hard to understand is because it's TOTAL NONSENSE!!! There is no need for adults to believe in fairy tales.

• SingleCell
    SingleCell

Not random stories.

Targeted and encoded information Jehovah is delivering to 'those who can hear'.

Atheism is far less rational than the Bible's narrative!

• Heaven
    Heaven

There are countless people who have lived, are living, and will live their entire lives on the face of this Earth never hearing of Jesus and becoming Christian.

Guess they're f'ed when it comes to the whole judgment and torture upon death. Especially those tribal peoples who run around naked with bone piercings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit