New Light - How would you feel reading this as a JW?

by Ginx 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ginx
    Ginx

"Scripture can be likened to a lamp which illuminates the truth. It's mission is to shed the light of truth. When a brighter light appears, the mission of the old one fades. Today's religions have failed to lead the present generation out of the dark valley of death into the radience of life, so there must now come a new truth that can shed a new light." From the Moonies Divine Principal Book, p. 10

"Sun Myung Moon teaches that "new light" is needed to understand God. And do you know where new light comes from? Sun Myung Moon."

As many already know, the Moonies are a destructive mind control cult.

• Over%forme
    Over%forme

If I was "still"

a J.W., I would probable be glad I was

A J.W. but most of us on this site know the J. W.

Organization is a Cult also.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I would have laughed at how ludicrous it sounds. Of course, we know that Jehovah uses the gb to dispense new light.

• Ginx
    Ginx

It wouldn't startle you in any way seeing that a mind control cult uses the same "new light" tactic?

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

Holy smoley! My wife said she thought it was from the WT.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Simply consider how many Christian sects today bank their exclusive legitimacy on the foundation of having returned to the Bible. The Restored Church of God, an adventist root that sprang out of the Worldwide Church of God, claims to be the sole legitimate church on Earth, and that it is the only one authorized to administer “the truth.” Its website proclaims: “The Restored Church of God, led by Pastor General David C. Pack, is commissioned by Jesus Christ to: Announce the good news of the kingdom of God to all nations (Matt. 24:14), including warning the modern nations descended from ancient Israel of impending national punishment (Isa. 58:1-2; Ezek. 33:1-19) [and] feed God’s flock called out of the world and into His Church (John 21:15-17; I Pet. 5:1-2) [It] is committed to freely offering—through the most extensive biblically based website in the world, rcg.org—thorough and comprehensive PLAIN UNDERSTANDING on virtually every teaching of the Bible, small and great.”

The churches of Christ, likewise, makes the same claim. Started by Alexander Campbell, it proclaims, “Where the Bible speaks, we speak! Where the Bible is silent, we are silent!” Its website states, “We are undenominational and have no central headquarters or president. The head of the church is none other than Jesus Christ himself.”

There are numerous other claimants out there, some that are apostolic Pentecostals, others that, like the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, that simply claim the scriptures were opened up to them. And often their legitimacy isn’t based on God’s calling them the way He did anciently, but in far more discreet ways—so discreet that the way they know they’re on the right track is because, well, just consider the contenders! What other church, they say, has such perfect doctrines that square perfectly with the scriptures? Ha, none! And in many cases, you’re discovering them is dependent on your very salvation. I’ve heard many evangelicals declare that anyone who dies an atheist, Jehovah’s Witness, Mormon, even Catholic, is hell bound, and I don’t mean just annihilation. I mean you better be paid up on your fire insurance!

• cha ching
    cha ching

It is amazing how many religions/ cults say the same thing as the WT.

They are not unique, but they make you feel like you are.... just like all those other religions do...

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Cold Steel: "I mean you better be paid up on your fire insurance!"

Do Mormons believe in eternal torment? If not, what does final punishment look like?

• Heaven
    Heaven

lambsbottom said: Holy smoley! My wife said she thought it was from the WT.

It certainly sounds like something the WT would publish. 'Cult speak' at its finest.

What I never could accept was that if Jehovah/scripture/God/The Flying Spaghetti Monster/Jibbers Crabst (the newest interwebs deity) kept making the light 'brighter', why didn't he/they/it/she just come right out and say the real truth right off? What's with all the obfuscation and years of f'ing with mankind?

Simple answer: There is no grand Sky Daddy directing anything or anyone, least of all any organized Christian religion, on the face of this Earth. It's all coming from the human imagination and psyche. And that explains a lot.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Sun Myung Moon teaches that 'new light' is needed to understand God."

So, who cribbed who?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit