anyone from nashville know where to buy quinua cheap?

by sowhatnow 5 Replies latest social physical

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

my son just called me and asked me to send down with my daughter who will be visiting, next week,

some quinua [i konow im spelling it wrong...] he said it got to be real expensive. up here is in a 12 oz box for like 5 dollars which is highway robery to me. all of the sudden its real expensive, like beef, all of the sudden real expensive. i cant get over how much groceries have spiked in price, anyway

anyone know a good place for him to get it loose and by the pound instead of prepackaged for a good price?

he lives close enough to downtown that it be worth his drive, but he lives close to brentwood area. and franklin area might be not to far either.

hed go to a farm too for eggs if he could.

there might be some markets around where he can buy in bulk?

if anyone knows let me know! thanks.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

You may want to try Trader Joe's at 3909 Hillsboro Pike Nashville for Quinoa. Or maybe order it on Amazon?

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I'm from Canada but I love quinoa and have found the cheapest and also the best quality (organic, prewashed, not bitter) is from Costco. You have Costco in the US don't you?

You can get a 2lb bag here for less than 10 dollars and I know your prices are much cheaper in the States.

• millie210
    millie210

Nashville has Farmers Markets where the Amish come and sell eggs and fresh milk and cream. Your son might want to try there.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

hey thanks ill let him know

• Raton
    Raton

I bought a big bag from costco(knoxville) awhile back. I dont remember the size or the price so this probably isn't much help but if it was too expensive I probably wouldn't have got any.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit