Should people marry? It seems that God would forbid it.

by Gnostic Bishop 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gnostic Bishop
    Gnostic Bishop

Should people marry? It seems that God would forbid it.

Christian scriptures say that in heaven, there is no marriage.

When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

http://biblehub.com/mark/12-25.htm

As above so below, on earth as it is in heaven, indicates that when God returns to reclaim dominion from Satan, marriage will be abolished.

Why then do most religion of the Abrahamic root advocate marriage at all. Especially the polygamy. God does not favor marriage. If no two souls are to marry in heaven, then the law on earth should be that no two people marry.

We should emulate Jesus in all things and remember that as a Jew, he was almost forced by tradition to marry yet never did even though Gnostic Christian scriptures show him as loving Mary Magdalen more than his male disciples. Even kissing her on the (unknown parts).That is why I suggest that Jesus married Mary. Marriage was expected of all Rabbis.

This modern Gnostic Christian thinks marriage is the way to go, with a single mate, be that a mate of the same gender or not. Love is what is important. Not gender. That aside, I think that frees choice should reign in this issue.

Do you think we should abolish marriage and move closer to God’s heavenly law?

Regards

DL

• TD
    TD

As above so below, on earth as it is in heaven, indicates...

You're tying statements made in different contexts together without a prior defense of the validity of the concatenation.

Why would it automatically follow that God's will in heaven is indentical in each and every detail with his will on earth, especially when it comes to dissimilar things?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Are you 'Greatest I am' from sciforums.com?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

If that was the intent, then there would not have been 2 sexes. Or more. Maybe they just have sex for fun in heaven? Maybe we don't need to speculate!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Maybe it would be better if people that believe in God wouldn't marry or have children. WT had pretty well convinced me that my time would be better spent serving God (more specifically, his earthly organization), rather than wasting time and money on starting a family.

• prologos
    prologos

are stable marriages good for the kids? some of the greatest sport players, Prez Obama even, came from unstable relationships.

There is a niche in the scheme of things for all.

I opt for the comfort of a heavenly earthly marriage;

divinely mandated or not.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The thread title makes me think it's a "Jehovah's Trumpet" satire article...

..."Marriage, is it for Christians?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit