husbands

by zeb 8 Replies latest social relationships

• zeb
    zeb

Have you found that,

• the longer she stays 'in' the greater her sense of entitlement?
    • that any convo immediately reverts to the wt 'party line'
    • any plan for any time together is screened against meeting schedules
    • guess.
  • hoser
    hoser

My wife isn't like that. She never has been. I was always the "spiritual" one.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

@zeb,

Yes, in my case that is true, HOWEVER i wouldnt suggest or presume that all women in the org are like that any more than I would suggest all men act domineering or like jerks. Its is a tendancy of some, org or no, to take advantage. Some simply use the org as their justification to do so...

• quest81
    quest81

zeb: I can relate to your second and last points. I couldn't understand some of the odd terms my wife started throwing in our everyday conversations. Things like 'we should keep our eye simple', 'I am an imperfect being', news broadcasts - 'it's a sign of the end of this system of things' etc. I didn't get the concept of loaded language until recently. I found it mildly to downright absurdly irritating how she would always have an opinion about everything and plaster 'Borg speeak' in almost every discussion. Now I can see why people kept their distance from us sometimes.

The planning things around borg schedules drove me up the wall before, now I simply don't care. If I feel like doing something I go ahead and do it regardless of when its convenient for the deceptive zealot schedule.

The genuinely sad part is how an otherwise intelligent mature woman gets her mind manipulated to the point she mentally regresses to an 8 year old!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

any plan for any time together is screened against meeting schedules

Especially this, including our anniversary.

• zeb
    zeb

Q81.."borgspeak"... i like that.

My heartfelt thanks to you all.

May you all enjoy good health and peace to you all.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I do not think that it is so much the "longer in" as it is "one step closer to death" ( http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/time.html ) and the realization that you are no different than your parents, grandparents, ( insert overlapped generation here ) , etc. and you are / have wasting/ed your life

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Have you found that,

• the longer she stays 'in' the greater her sense of entitlement?
    • that any convo immediately reverts to the wt 'party line'
    • any plan for any time together is screened against meeting schedules

Yes,

yes,

and yes.

It kept getting intense right up until I was handed divorce papers.

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

Have you found that,

•the longer she stays 'in' the greater her sense of entitlement?
    •that any convo immediately reverts to the wt 'party line'
    •any plan for any time together is screened against meeting schedules
    •guess.

1- yes.just getting worse and worse, because as she said, "if it was not for the truth, life Will have no meaning so i would have ended mine long ago"...

2- Sometimes.luckily as she now is aware That i do not give a sh...t about jw.org religion and That i Just stay there for her, she Is less and less bothering me with jw org language or typical phrases...that's a relief...

3-yes.even for our anniversary also, if there was field service or a meeting to go, i have sometimes to fight to have a really important event like anniversary only for the 2 of us.but sometimes i win;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit