The Christmas fence

by Tech49 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Tech49
    Tech49

So I noticed something the other day on Facebook.

A group of "sisters" in several neighboring congregations got their young daughters together for a "girls day", to spend some quality time together. Now this group, of whom I know many, is composed mainly of elders' and ministerial servants' wives. The general theme, or focus of the "party" was to build Gingerbread houses with the kids.

Ok, no big deal right? Anyone can go to the store to buy a Gingerbread House kit, and go at it. Again, no big deal, and each to his own. Dont get me wrong, if you want to celebrate Christmas, do the tree thing, you go for it.

Here's where things got a little interesting, at least from my perspective. They all posted pictures of their glorious party, with the caption of WINTER PARTY, including group photos of everyone holding their version of a gingerbread house, decorated with all the trimmings. They all stood around a grand kitchen table, topped with a shiny snowman, glittering garlands, homemade hanging snowflakes, and lights adorning the table.

I showed it to Victoria, just offhand, without any leading of the question....

"What does this look like to you?" She glanced over quickly, then back to her own Ipad "Somebody's Christmas party I guess.., why?"

I chuckled a little and said, "Look closer, CLOSER sweetheart, and tell me what you see."

She went in for a closer examination of the evidence at hand. "Wow, I see who it is now.... I coulda swore that was a Christmas party! What in the world are they thinking?...."

Yep, a whole room full of the finest in the circuit, the do-gooders and the uppidy ups, the richy's and the flagrant, the boisterous and the pompous, some regular pioneers, some wives of elders, some of ministerial servants.... having their own version of a Winter Holiday Party.

Here's the question, as I wonder out loud.... Why is it that so many of God's Holy People claim to distance themselves from the trappings of the world, from the SATANIC celebrations, from the EVILS of the HOLIDAYS but in reality..... they go out of their way to ride the line? The preverbial fence, legs hanging on both sides!!?? The mock Thanksgiving "family time", complete with Turkey dinners and all. Black Friday shopping frenzies, with carloads of JW's joining in like drunk sheep. Winter parties....it never ends. But all you Satanic heathens will soon be DEAD, crow food for sure.

Here, dear reader, is the answer, again as I wonder out loud, and the single descriptive word that came out of my beloved Vic's mouth, immediately after her comments above. A word that was uttered with a snarl of disgust, a word that so eloquently and consisely describes most JW's:

Hypocrites.

Yours Truly,

Jack Harper, Tech49

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

What's worse is that they're doubly hypcrites, since hypocrisy is probably the number 1 thing that JWs cite on the topic of what's wrong with other religions.

• whathappened
    whathappened

My daughter and son in law (both claim to be devout JWs) go to his parents house on December 25th and eat a nice fancy dinner and they all have presents for one another wrapped in winter themed (not Xmas) gift wrap. They also get together on Thanksgiving for an elaborate dinner (not celebrating at all, you see).

One poster on Facebook Ex JW Recovery Group said this was celebrating "fractions" of Xmas so it was OK. I loved that idea!!!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

There is a local sister who owns her own business and puts up christmas decorations in the window each year.

One of the brothers complained to the elders and CO only to be told it was "just part of her job she wasn't

actually celebrating".

Bloody hypocrites!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Those same women would turn someone in for taking their mom to a mother's day tea party or holler at their kids for eating a yellow marshmallow rabbit in thes spring (though after Easter, it likely will be overlooked-if stale)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Print the pictures and send them to the branch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit