So I decided to do it.

by WasOnceBlind 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

So about six months ago I got a large tatt on my shoulder to commemorate what is most important in my life and to celebrate my celtic roots. It was and is a very liberating feeling to make a statement about what you've left behind and what is most important to you now and in the future.

I used to think that people with tatts were mostly poor and not so intelligent. Maybe even dangerous. There's the old judgmental high horse that the wits are good at riding. The truth is I know more than a few MD's with tatts, as well as people across the socio-economic spectrum. Most are really kind and thoughtful good friends.

Cheers to you WasOnce, remember tattoos are like Lays potato chips. No one can get just one. I've already got my next planned.

• rebel8
    rebel8

How about a picture then? :)

Congrats for breaking yet another chain of the past. (I'm envious. I'm not able to get one.)

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The worst they can do-isn't much. Mild disappointment-well, as JWs who left (in one fashion or another) mild disappointment is easy, comparitively.

I hope your dad doesn't stop talking to you, but if he does, it says something, doesn't it?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I'm not into tattoos personally, but I don't have a problem with other people getting them, why not, it's your body after all. Just make sure that you get them done by a professional (which you obviously would if you are getting a sleeve) and that any words used are spelled right. If anyone thinks that is obvious you haven't seen http://wtftattoos.com/

My husband wants to get one on his chest that says DNR, lol

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Tattoos on women are sexaaaaaay!

My wife's are gorgeous and just make her that much more lovely... way prettier than mine (and I love mine).

• jerryjax99
    jerryjax99
    Way to go! I got one with my boyfriends once we were together for a year. Looking to get the Crown and Cross next.
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

My daughter got her daughter's name with a colorful feather on her upper arm (deltoid) and it looks cute. I was shocked at first, to see such a change on my girl's body. But I do firmly believe that everyone's body belongs to them and whatever they do is their own business. And she is totally grown. (Of course if someone is going to harm themselves they need intervention but that's not the point here.)

So i just said, Wow, i have to get used to seeing that! and then i did get used to it. I wouldn't personally just love to see her getting extensive tattooing but it's her own business.

Do what you want, and love your lifeā™„

Marina

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Last time I checked, we are no longer under Mosaic Law. I can eat shrimp, a pulled-pork sandwich, receive a life-saving BLOOD TRANSFUSION, do more than get out of bed on the Sabbath, and have sexual relations with my wife without having to be thought of as unclean for a month. Oh yeah, I can also make marks on my body or get a tattoo if I want. Neo-Pharisees no longer have any say in my life. They never should have.

I have this black and grey tiger tattoo on my arm. Shane O'Neill (SpikeTV's first InkMaster champion) did this in 7 hours back in June of 2006. It's freakin' awesome. My wife just got her first tattoo at age 52 in January from Shane of a 3D full-colour Eastern Swallowtail butterfly. It looks so real like it landed on her shoulder. Very tasteful.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Cant say I have much appreciation for the art, maybe its because of the actual substrate the art is made on, human skin, similar in effect to pig skin.

See too many bad looking Tattoos and the occasional good looking ones.

Maybe the problem is that there's too little quality Tattoo artists around and far too many mediocre artists working ?

Isn't tattooing just trendy narcissism anyways ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit