Arguably the best debunker on YouTube

by Terry 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

This fellow's channel is called WATCHTOWER EXAMINATION.

He is clear, reasonable, thoughtful--but best of all--his teaching method with visuals is perfection!

Take this one example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukcEP7V1I1o

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Much better than anything to be found on JW.org

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

April 15, 1951 WT in the video

Accordingly God shows due respect for the organization which bears his name.

Uhhh, IBSA or WTBTS of Penn, NY, Canada, etc.

Don't see God's name anywhere.

• Island Man
    Island Man

He is very good. I think being a never-JW brings an advantage to the table. Ex-JWs - esp. born-ins - can sometimes miss certain disturbing things about JW culture simply because they have been desensitized by long exposure to it, or, as in the case of born-ins, it's all they've known all their life and so it may not strike them as odd. But a never-JW is more sensitive to all the craziness of JW culture because he was never acclimatized to the craziness.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Island Man, good point.

Sometimes explaining jdub doctrine to someone totally unfamiliar with it...makes the craziness very clear. So it stands to reason that a never-jdub would easily see through the smoke and mirrors that the dubs are so comfortable with.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Oh God, he uses the Bible!

I am so done with that book.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Thank you Terry for delivering my monthly dose of anti-cult and anti BS medicine..

• smiddy
    smiddy

marked

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

Totally agree with you Terry his way of tackling their laughable doctrines is great!

Reading the posts below is equally as interesting. There's a JW apologist who seems to have taken a liking to his videos in particular and seems very keen to debunk the arguements he brings to the table. In turn there are a number of born-again Christians who like to do the same with his debunking of the video.

As much as it makes for interesting reading I find it simply reinforces my current view (somewhat agnostic) that either the Bible is nothing more than a book of fiction or that God takes real pleasure in confusing his creation and watching them squabble over irrelevant, nonsensicle gibberish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit